[found and closed] lead lua developer

That is perfectly understandable, which is why I said that the university requirements were too much. You should only accept scripters with a respectable background that have a strong place in teh community (done commisions previously for games that are doing well, good vouches from people they’ve worked with etc). I understand that a scripter isn’t like a builder, you can’t judge their work easily at all most times. However you must consider that scripters have also had the reverse happen to them, which is why you should just find a fair middleground such as paying some at the start, and also seeing how the game runs with the scripter in early testing before you go ahead and pay them.

1 Like

I made the requirements sound serious because I am looking for a serious, mature scripter. I simply don’t have time to waste with developers who do half the job and then exit.

3 Likes

I have explained this like ten times now (the comments got deleted), the only reason why I put the math requirements is so that the person I hire can have good critical thinking skills. I won’t ask for proof of your knowledge of math, but I will ask questions that do not involve math but requires the type of thinking that you’d use for math. Programming and math go hand in hand, it’s just the thinking process.

4 Likes

So what is your current progress on the project? Pictures?

What is this game supposed to be?

What tasks need to be completed by said “Lead lua developer” (other than leading) in order for the project to be finished? Specifically under “Defining Scripting/Programming Skills” out of these bullet points, what is required of the “Lead lua developer” to complete that utilizes these skills?

More questions…
What are you exactly? You use terms like COO, CEO and Corporate division. Are these the actual positions under an actual company or some sort of LLC. You said they aren’t registered employees so i would assume thats just the wording you decided to use, it just looks unprofessional if this is the case.

How much do you plan to make and how much robux is going to be put into ads and sponsors? How much is being invested currently and by whom?

Will there be a contractual agreement? Percentages after release? Someone working as a lead developer on a project for 1-2 months may expect a little more than presented. Just my .02, hopefully some of these questions can be answered and more info on the project along with progress can be updated.

3 Likes

I have someone in the works who is interested, I am offering him $800USD ($20 per hour) instead of 80k. He is a very amazing scripter who has released big titles. To me robux is worth a lot more than USD, robux is seriously undervalued, I would rather pay by USD.

2 Likes

800 USD is about 230k R$, which is 3x the upper bound that was initially mentioned. If you were willing to pay up to that amount from the start, I would recommend putting the actual bounds in your title in the first place the next time you post a recruitment topic, so you get more (and higher qualified) interest!

3 Likes

800USD > 230,000. Robux is a lot harder to earn than USD, USD is easy.

3 Likes

From the viewpoint of most developers here, 1R$ = 0.0035$ (i.e. the DevEx rate), so that argument doesn’t hold. It might be harder for you to achieve R$ than $, in which case you should just offer to pay in $. Developers only care about the DevEx value of R$, not the customer purchase value.

1 Like

Robux is indeed more difficult to earn, robux fuels sponsored ads too, I need a lot of robux for that.

1 Like

We aren’t arguing, just acknowledging each other’s points.

2 Likes

Is this operated by a registered company? Also, do you have any sort of pitch or demo to draw people’s interest?

2 Likes

A scripter has been found already, his rate is $20 an hour.

2 Likes

I don’t disclose the game idea publicly because I want the idea to maintain secret to my developers and I.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.