FPS is lacking spice

Hello reader and avid developer!

I am currently working on a game that is pretty fun and in its alpha stages. I really enjoy it, but as I think more on it, I believe I can give it more spice. I was thinking of adding a level system, with roguelike aspects in it, but my bearing for where I want to go is all off.

Here’s a video showcasing a really basic portion of it; there are bosses!

Personally, I think that I need a better AI system, then maybe some AI abilities that lunge them at me or something similar. Any feedback is appreciated!! (The map is a test map)

2 Likes

The idea of being fast paced and flexible is a good one, but I think your really overshooting the controls. My grandma would fall over watching me play this.

The map seems pretty small and you can see the edge. It may be more immersive if the map bounds can’t be seen, or are covered by rocks and other terrain. And on top of that, post processing and coloring to make it look better.

Animations with the bots may help, and maybe like you said better AI.

The ammo UI seems copied or from the toolbox, I don’t know if it actually is though. It just feels like I’ve seen it in roblox gear. It’s not so bad though.

The keybinds UI should be hidden and only shown in a tutorial or the description.

The music should also be a tad quieter in my opinion. Music helps with immersion, but right now it’s overpowering the experience.

1 Like

It looks great, but movement looks like you are foward-flipping in Rocket League…