FPS Thumbnail - BY THE HOUR

I made a gfx from a commission, and it was to be similar to phantom forces. I’ve never done military type things before, so I gave my first shot at it, and it looks pretty good/ What do ya’all think?

• REALLY GOOD
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Bad
  • Terrible

0 voters

7 Likes

pretty good how long did it take you to make this thumbnail

2 Likes

About 4 hours, 2 ish on posing + lighting and other 2 on editing

1 Like

Looks great but similar to phantom forces. Honestly I think it looks better.

2 Likes

Yes, the commissioner wanted a similar one to phantom forces, and yes, phantom forces does look better, though this is my first time doing an actual FPS gfx, so thats one up my alley :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience in GFX but I think it looks awesome. :wink:

I think Panther meant yours looks better. If that’s the case I agree with him.

1 Like

Wow, then thank you for your words, I spent a while on this and I’m glad to know that its rlly good

3 Likes

That’s amazing! I can never find a good gfx artist. I wish I was the commissioner!!

1 Like

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I would love to learn from you about how you made it!

1 Like

You could be soon, I’m opening up maybe in a few weeks. I’m thinking about going professional :thinking:

1 Like

Sign me up! If I can afford your prices then I will definitely hire you!

1 Like

Well, for one, I’m not the best at rendering, so I fix everything in photoshop, all I can say to you right now, is curves, levels, and saturation. They help even the most basic of renders pop out.

1 Like

*note: I am assuming that this a thumbnail for a planned FPS, not as a technical demonstration. As a demonstration of skill, it’s very good.
I mean while it looks really good, it feels a bit generic. As many earlier comments have stated, it looks a lot like the phantom forces thumbnail.
That isn’t to say it’s bad. It looks good, but just I’ve seen this image already.
Maybe add a bit of stylistic changes? From the title, it seems like the game is reliant on time, or at least the aesthetic is reliant on time (not necessarily the gameplay mechanics), so instead of generic well rendered image of soldier, maybe have more of a focus on time (such as maybe a clock overlaid with a soldier or something) to maybe stand out a bit more (after all, having a clock would make the thumbnail at least not the phantom forces thumbnail.)
TLDR: the main issue isnt the render. that’s really good. its the lack of style and the fact it feels like ive seen this image already.

1 Like

Ah, I tottally get what your saying, if I had it my way I would have some weird mind boggling time turner magic shooter type of gfx. I understand that you’ve “seen” this image before, but it was requested so I delivered what they want. They are a bit inexperienced in the game creation and concept, so they just went with the most popular fps game.

Though… they didnt tell me the name until I finished the gfx lmao, it didnt help.

Thank you for the critisism, it will help me extremely in the future.

1 Like