FPS tool system

I have been trying to make a Roblox FPS and something I have been struggling with for a very long time is how to make to tools not be able to be unequipped. I have tried disabling the default Roblox backpack system, but it breaks my equipped events, and the gun is never attached to my hand! Please help!

If you are making an FPS, I would just abandon the built-in tool system altogether and create a custom one with your own GUI and using ContextActionService to bind your weapon choosing keys.
The advantage to this: it’s more customizable.
The disadvantage: it’s harder to build your own then to use the existing one.

Here’s the thing, when I disable the default backpack coreGui, the guns are no longer attached to my hand when I use humanoid:EquipTool(gun)… how can I fix that?

If the equipped event isn’t working (sounds strange to me but I’ll continue), you can always use ChildAdded to the character, and check that’s a tool (using IsA(“Tool”)). And are you sure that your guns weren’t attached to the hand when you disabled the coreGui? Make sure your tool is not anchored or welded to a part it shouldn’t be welded to, and make sure the handle’s name is Handle (if you even use the handle).

When I made a custom backpack GUI (which wasn’t very good, but okay), my tools didn’t break, they were equipped and attached just fine.

1 Like

I don’t know, I haven’t worked with the builtin tool system much :stuck_out_tongue:

the equipped events work, but the gun has no attachment to my hand. I think the problem is with humanoid:EquipTool(gun) because what happens is that even with backpack enabled, it doesn’t attach to my hand

Handle has to be located through a gun handle, also take a look at ,where is your gun while you try play it, inside of a game workspace since this might tell you a lot about what is wrong.

The handle is inside the tool, and I don’t know how where the gun appears when I “equip” it helps

That’s why, try to equip a gun while in studio and find location of your gun in explorer.

It was way away and it moved in no way in accordance to my character

You can add a mesh inside of a handle of tool and it should change the appearance to a gun. Then you’ll probably have to change tool’s settings so it’s going to be positioned correctly to player’s hand. Just try to play around with GripPos, GripForward, etc. inside of section appearance of tool.