FPS/Viewmodel Camera Animation

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    A system where I can make the camera follow a part attatched to a viewmodel and animated, while still being able to be rotated by the players mouse.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    With most solutions I have tried, so far the camera just starts bugging out like crazy or just does not work.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have tried every single piece of help I have found on other posts on the devforum which usually included some system of multiplying the camera’s cframe by the camera part’s cframe.

I need this for gun camera recoil, and just overall better looking animations.

2 Likes

What I did was create a FakeCamera inside the viewmodel and constantly set the real cameras cframe to the fake camera(except for when aiming and stuff). The Fake Camera is animated by the viewmodel Animations and welded to the viewmodels human rootpart so it moves with it and fakecamera is at the same spot as the viewmodel’s rootpart.

2 Likes

Use this tutorial to understand how to do it.

This doesn’t support custom animations, it just uses the spring module for recoil.

That’s what I did too, and its just spinning.

Nevermind, I thought that was BlackShibe’s tutorial