Free audio import for short clips

At the moment, the roblox audio system requires payment in order to upload audio. This is annoying, and it doesn’t help that the developer knows they won’t directly benefit from it. I think uploading short audio clips including voices, text snippets, and sound effects should be free so developers can make their games their own without risking potential conflicts that could cross their path in the future.

13 Likes

They’ll just split the big clips.

Can you also propose something to prevent that, like a rate limit?

I kinda agree, but then again I kinda don’t. Simply because of the moderation process.

It is easier to moderate images than audio because with images people can approve/deny hundreds in a quick session by simply glancing at each image, taking only a few seconds. while with audio they have to listen to each individual one for the entire duration and that takes time.

Plus, having a paywall prevents people spamming bits of audio only to combine them in a game to create a track that would have been rejected if it was all one audio track. It is also easier to manage copyright this way.

1 Like

They already reduce the prices of short audios, they used to cost the same for any length of audio. I think the fact that a moderator has to sit through at least a few seconds of audio, along with opening it and dealing with any formatting issues is enough to warrant a Robux fee even if it’s just to act as a deterrent from uploading audios you don’t really need that much (therefore reducing how many they need to moderate).

2 Likes