Free ice experiment

Hello developer forum! I have come here today to give a free model of an icey type thing I’ve made due to people asking how I made it.

Before you mess around with it you should know how it works. There are 3 layers to the ice.

First layer is smooth plastic with high reflection (~99)

Second layer is glass material with high reflection (the higher the more it shines) and 0.45-0.5 transparency.

The final layer is just a snow mesh.

Please note this is not an optimized model as it is just to give an example for people to mess around with.

The color of the ice is based on the sky, if red the ice will be red.

Please enjoy :pray: -kuroxity

Rbxm file: Ice_Test_Enjoy.rbxm (49.6 KB)

Sample of things I’ve made with it:

106 Likes

Dude, now this is awesome haha. I’m so impressed. Really smart.

5 Likes

It looks very cool, not gonna lie

4 Likes

This looks amazing, but can you provide a link to the model?

2 Likes

he sent a rbxm file I think you can drag it into roblox studio

2 Likes

I don’t think it is his problem if you can’t use your computer right now. Also a model file wouldn’t work like a rbxm.

4 Likes

This looks very nice! It’s very kind of you to release it to the public. Really nice technique you used to get that icy effect.

3 Likes

Could you uncopy lock the place and send a link?

2 Likes

I’d rather not due to other things in the place I don’t want leaked to public, that’s why I used rbxm please understand.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah I get It. Its just that for some reason I was having trouble opening the file (which is on my end) and wanted to see if accessing it that way was possible, I’ll figure it out. It looks great so far!

2 Likes

i wish you made this a model since im not on mac

1 Like

Windows can use .rbxm files too.

This looks super cool. Great Job. :+1:
Also, could you make it a .rbxl file? For some reason I am having trouble downloading the .rbxm file.

1 Like

I think you mean macs can use .rbxm files too.

Really nice! Didn’t know this was possible.
I figured you could could make the reflectance a tiny bit higher to make a more apparent glowing effect. Also combined with meshes that use normal maps (surfaceappearance). Heres my result:
RobloxStudioBeta_ZnyL8b4KfS

4 Likes

Looks nice! Glad for it to be used :blush:

1 Like

wow this looks amazing! Great work keep it up!

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone made anything cool with it yet! Anybody?

Ok… take my heart this is awesome? Could this be used in sci-if?

There is a similar glitch that just increases the scratch marks on the ice/glass whatever you’re using but you need to make it have 0.55 Transparency and somewhere between -50 to -300 reflectance