Free Limited UGC Breaking Catalog & Inventory Functionality

More specifically a large volume of purchase requests causes system wide functionality issues.

Issue:
Whenever a UGC creator releases free Limited UGC items, due to a large amount of purchase requests it completely breaks the functionality of the entire Roblox catalog. This prevents users from purchasing other items and it also messes up the limited status and price/off-sale displays of all items. Items that are still on-sale and available to purchase appears unavailable and non-purchasable. Items that have the limited status seem to lose that status display when rendered on page.

Untitled

As you can see these items are still available to purchase and are in fact limited however display as otherwise and become unpurchaseable temporarily.

Inventory takes an unusually long amount of time to load.

Where:
This appears to occur across all platform types and happens almost all the time.
The issue occurs on the Roblox website/app in the Avatar Shop catalog and user inventory.

When:
Every time a free UGC item is released (particularly with high available quantity) it renders the catalog and inventory unusable for a temporary amount of time (usually until the item has been completely sold out).
The main problem with this is that it’s happening many times per day (whenever a big free limited UGC item is released).
This issue began ever since the release of UGC limiteds.

Browser info:
Bug occurs even without any extensions enabled within Chrome browser (extensions aren’t relevant to issue).
Browser version: Chrome, Version 112.0.5615.50 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Expected behavior
Ideally a large amount of purchase/get requests on these free items should not affect the functionality of the entire catalog (preventing you from purchasing other limited UGC and or viewing your own inventory).

Page URL: <Catalog - Roblox>

7 Likes

Hey Kiesere! Thanks so much for the detailed report. Sorry this is happening, I know this is a super frustrating experience. We’re actively working on improving and will keep you updated.

5 Likes

Hey @Kiesere :wave: Following up on this: We’re so excited to see the community loving free Limited UGC items! We made some improvements so this should have been resolved shortly after my prior response, but please feel free to reach out if you still see issues.

3 Likes

Hi LikeAnEdgarSuit,

Thanks for keeping us updated and the continued hard work that you and the Roblox team are doing. I will definitely follow-up if I notice any further issues.

All the best.

1 Like