Free Model viruses

Hi Fellow devs,
This is a follow on with my last post. With free models that need to have scripts in them to work. How do you check viruses. Because I know with like houses and trees and stuff you would just delete any scripts or things that don’t need to be in it.

Thanks
Archie4lifeyodude

1 Like

Search script in the workspace search.

Look for scripts with require or getfenv in it or weird code like IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII_5()

Or use trusted plugins like Ro-Defender etc.

More info: How do I check if there are viruses in free models? - #3 by DrKittyWaffles

3 Likes

Wow thanks I never new things like Ro defender existed! ty

2 Likes

Please don’t use the fake versions of the plugins, they usually will have viruses in them.

Also, scripts called “Anti-Lag” and “Anti-Virus” or if there’s multiple of a script when you search script.

I have had this problem happen to me before too. What I did is I went through all of my free models and reviewed all the ones with scripts anything that seemed out of the ordinary I would just delete the model or script. I recommend to avoid using massive amounts of free models because it increases you chance of a virus.

Ok, I would go through all the scripts. But it doesn’t help that I only know a little bit of scripting…

Yes, I am not a scripter either, but I do know what looks weird and what doesn’t look weird. Just use your common sense.

If you press CTRL + SHIFT + F, the script search panel should show. In this panel, you can search, require, getfenv etc and it should show.

You might see scripts when searching require, here is an example.

1 Like

I was reccomended this by the Roblox staff member Mr_Purrsalot. This will quarantine suspicious scripts.

Who is archieforyodude? Did u change name?