How do I check if there are viruses in free models?

If I want to use a free model and it may have a virus which could hack my game how do I check it? A lot of free models contain viruses which can hack your game and cause you to get banned. If I were to use one how would I check if it has a virus? If you have a solution please reply. Thank you!

11 Likes

The best way, if you must use free models, is to group something from the Toolbox immediately after inserting it. Now everything is isolated in one model and you can go through all the children and check for any unwanted scripts that you would’ve missed otherwise.

2 Likes

There is no sure way to do this because all “viruses” do it differently. I

The Filter Workspace searchbar. Search for script.

Then manually go through scripts you’re unsure about. If you see any “weird” code that looks like an alien language such as IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII_5() or you see a getfenv or require then the code is probably malicious. I wouldn’t immediately worry about seeing a require but it depends.

Also you might encounter an issue where you open a script and “see nothing.” Well the case might be that the malicious code is “hidden” from you by simply just putting it out of your view. If there is a scroll bar on the script view window that means they just put a ton of tabs / spaces. You can just use the scroll bar to scroll sideways

14 Likes

I use a plugin called Ro-Defender https://www.roblox.com/library/142273772/Ro-Defender-Plugin-v8-7 but i find it kinda annoying as it says how many viruses it removed in the output tab every time you launch your game within studio.

5 Likes