Free Nature Pack

Hello ROBLOX Developer Forum, today I am brining you the ultimate nature bundle.

Features
  • Tons of realistic nature assets.
  • All PBR textures.
  • Different color variations of each asset.
  • Transparent texture maps.
Terms of Use

You can use these assets in any commercial project.
You cannot redistribute or resell these assets (from there rbxm form) without giving me credit.

If you make any cool creations with these assets, please post share it on this topic.
If you have any questions, please notify me!

Here is the model: Model

Fall version of ferns:

52 Likes

Could you add some screenshots of the assets?

9 Likes

Heres a photo I took of it, it’s mostly realistic nature

7 Likes

that looks good, I think I’ll use this

4 Likes

If you make something cool send me a screen shot.

1 Like

Everything looks wilted! Personally this only looks like it would work on a game like rolling thunder.

I think that I’m going to do another one but only with those really high-quality things in the back and more. I do agree with your statement though, I can’t say I am in favor of all the other ones.

1 Like

I’m sure it will look great as they’re highly realistic!

This asset pack is absolutely amazing! I’m surprised that you even gave it out for free! I was messing around with it and made this, Hope you like it! :wink:

10 Likes

That’s great, I love the water puddles and the depth of field. The new pack I’m making will just be those realistic ones, not the ones that look like they’re going to die.

5 Likes

It says that the item isn’t for sale why?

2 Likes

I’m currently updating it, it will be back in less than an hour.

1 Like

What is the source of these assets? Did you make them yourself?

1 Like

I have updated the pack, it now has only the high quality green stuff:

3 Likes

The assets are from Poly Haven.

2 Likes

Cool, just wanted to confirm their license was permissive - they all seem to be CC0.

4 Likes

What is the resolution of the textures for these assets? if you’re leaving them at 1024px that is very bad practice, you should be downscaling these to at least 512, or 256 for best performance, and you can probably go as low as 128 for the metadata maps for roughness, normal, etc. in many (not all) cases.

3 Likes

GOOD MORNIN VIETNAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM

good pack

2 Likes

These are at 2048 by 2048, I would also disagree with this statement, most articles online state that performance in video games is affected most by lighting (Shadows, Lights, Ray Tracing, Reflections, Ambient Occultation, and Global Illumination) and object geometry which I have optimized to the point where if I lowered it anymore, it would begin to actually loose detail. Also, you could probably run these things with 100+ meshes in a game and it would still run on a toaster. Texture resolution really does not make much of a difference with performance and for the loss of quality between 2048 and 1024 is really not worth it unless you are playing on an iPhone from 2013.

Example of quality loss:

(Sorry I took so long to reply lol)

2 Likes

Most phones that young people use these days to play Roblox have only 4 GB of RAM, some 6 GB and fewer over. Over 70% of Roblox plays on mobile. 512 is very acceptable quality in your example image given these statistics. With normal, roughness, and metallic maps you can sometimes get away with going even lower than 256, but due to SurfaceAppearance compression I’m unsure if it makes a large difference; nevertheless it is probably still good practice. If you are not optimizing your textures in this manner, you are burning a tremendous amount of memory on mobile devices for just textures alone.

2 Likes