Edit - 2

Keyboard shortcuts used :-
Camera Move/Gliding/Flying = Shift + `
Scale = S
Select/Deselect = A
Move = G
Rotate = R
Render image = F12

The reason I called this old-school is because some people find using rigs very difficult. So, here’s a tutorial on how to do it without a rig.

First off I’ll highly suggest you to install AlreadyPro’s Load Character Plugin.
Link :- Load Character Lite - Roblox

If you don’t already have blender, please download it.
Link :- https://blender.org
Or if you want an older version of blender, here you go.
Index of /release/
I highly suggest using anything from blender 2.8 or above

After you’ve gotten that out of the way.

1. Open Roblox Studio

2. Go to the plugins tab on the top bar

3. Click on Load Character Lite

4. You should see a window called Load Character Lite. Type in any username as long as it’s a valid username, check if ‘Spawn at origin’ is checked

5. Click the Spawn R6 button

6. You should see the user’s avatar in the Workspace.

7. Select the Model.

8. Right click, Export to selection

9. Make a new folder anywhere in your pc as long as you’ll remember it.

10. Export the Roblox avatar model into the Folder which you just created
    RobloxStudioBeta_qX7LF0kXzf

11. Close Roblox Studio, Open Blender

12. Press A on your keyboard to select all the objects in the viewport

13. Press X and click delete.

14. Go to File > Import > Wavefront (OBJ)

15. Click on the .OBJ file, on the right side of the Import OBJ menu you should see Geometry.

16. Open the geometry drop-down menu and enable Split by group
    blender_O96cTa9dai

17. After you do that hit Import OBJ

18. After you import the avatar, you have to change the Render engine to Cycles since I’m more familiar with it and it’s more realistic

19. Select all of the parts by pressing A, and right click > set origin > origin to geometry

20. You can select each limb and pose it to your liking by pressing S to scale, R to rotate and G to move

21. After you finish doing all of that, you can press Shift + A and add a light OR you can add an HDRI.
    Here’s a tutorial on HDRIs :- Blender 2.8 How to setup an hdri environment background - YouTube

22. I also forgot to mention. You need to go to the shading tab. and delete the Image Texture which connects to Alpha

23. After you setup your lighting remember to go to the Render Properties Tab & Under the Film Category. Transparent should be enabled.

24. After you setup the lighting. you can press Shift + A and add a camera, press 0 on your num pad and to move around, press Shift + `

25. After you finish finding the right angle you want to render your GFX. Press F12, if you have any problems. Please follow this tutorial :- Render Output Settings - Blender 2.80 Fundamentals - YouTube

I hope this tutorial helped!

Project FIle -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11-4scL9lwfllduM-F7H0q461M2kzsYbI/view?usp=sharing
HDRI Used -

11 Likes

It’d probably be easier for beginners to see step-by-step pictures and not just a list of instructions.

3 Likes

it will be 10x better if you provide pic for each instructions, at least for beginners.
Pls provided next time

1 Like

yea i’ll do it rn after i finish this render

1 Like

Honestly a rig is way easier, but this still is cool to see how “old” people made gfx without rigs lol

I prefer rig in Roblox Studio with Moon Animator using R15 / Old R15, But soon I’ll start using rigs just to learn it.