Free T-Shirt Selling

Currently as a ROBLOX developer, it is hard to make group / game swag WIDELY accessible to your community. I believe that if T-Shirts were free, people would buy them more (obviously) and potentially lead to more people wearing your group’s swag.

The benefits of this are:

• Players feel more connected
  • Players are practically advertising your group
  • It’s just really cool in general!

ATM I cannot think of any downsides.

13 Likes

Only thing I can think of is it making the clothing copying thing worse with people copying clothes from groups like Kestrel and giving them out for free.
Way around that would be to make the template pages unviewable in a web browser…

6 Likes

But what incentives people to spend their time and resources copying t-shirts when they make no money and could otherwise make money copying regular shirts? - which sell more anyways.

Edit:
And take more time to make (so the blow is bigger if you’re just looking to screw some group over)

1 Like

Some people just want to annoy groups, not just make money. Innovation Security had a big case of this a while ago with an exploiter selling a R$1000 uniform for R$5. He eventually stopped a while after I got the places to FE.

1 Like

But shirts take more time to make, so wouldn’t it be more effective to do that?
Plus I doubt anyone actually makes t-shirts for the money - I guess we could make a poll for that though

-Looks at title again-
DERP, I thought this was for shirts and pants, not t-shirts. In that case, I wouldn’t benefit from this because I prefer shirts to t-shirts.

People can still steal clothes now by changing the numbers and adding the asset text

One shirt that apparently was copied made 2 million robux.

So it was just a shirt, not a t-shirt? And you can’t profit off of free t-shirts because by definition they are free.

This used to be a thing :frowning: Would be awesome to have it backk

4 Likes