Freecam for Others

Hello! I know the game creators can have freecam in their game but is there anyway to give players it? I have been looking for a script for some time now and not been able to find one. Anyone know any good way to do this?

Thanks UhWafflez

5 Likes

If you went into studio, and copied the CoreGui I think you might be able to edit it for other players.

EDIT: I just found the script (if you do SHIFT+P in studio you can copy it)

When you put the GUI in StarterGui you can edit the script to have a whitelist like so:

-- at the top of the FreecamScript
local plr = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local whitelist = {"Username1", "Username"}

if not table.find(whitelist, plr.Name) then script:Destroy() end

I am not entirely sure if this script will work, if it doesn’t i’ll be glad to help you

3 Likes

You could just clone the script you spawn in with, and modify it to disable itself if it’s not allowed for a certain person.

It used to be placed under PlayerScripts, and it still might be. It appears to be located under the PlayerGui, per reference of this post:

There’s no built in way to do it without cloning the original and modifying it yourself, or making your own.

@QuantixDev Im not a scripting guy and have really no clue what you mean. Any way you can put that in littler terms?

I edited my post for you (30 chars)

@QuantixDevI I am still very confused. When I do Ctrl+P in the studios nothing happens. I have no clue what to do.

You have to be in play-mode sorry for not mentioning that.

• You enter play mode
  • You don’t need to press SHIFT+P
  • It should be in Players>YourUsername>PlayerGui>Freecam
  • You can then copy it stop play-mode
  • Then paste it into StarterGui, and then edit the script

Apologies for not being clearer.

4 Likes

@QuantixDev Thank you for that! I have gotten that far but is there anyway to make everyplayer have it?

If you don’t add my whitelist code and just leave it as is and put it in the starter gui every player will be able to press Shift+P in-game and enter freecam mode

1 Like

Thank you!

I would have never have been able to do this myself!

1 Like

When you play the game in studio, you have access to the Freecam local script in your PlayerGui. You can copy that script, and paste it into StarterPlayerScripts. Other players will be able to use this feature.

15 Likes