Freezing when doing basic things inside my game

Reproduction Steps
Out of nowhere, my game started to freeze when doing basic things (punching, client effects, etc)

Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Test Server Game link: Shindo Life [TS] - Roblox

Expected Behavior
Game functions aren’t supposed to freeze.

Actual Behavior

Every time it freezes this always appears stretching across on the mircoprofiler, maybe something to do with build skeleton?

Workaround
No workaround, this has happened in the past but fixed itself randomly.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Performance
Impact: High
Frequency: Sometimes
A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

Thank you for reporting the issue. Reaching out in private message.

3 Likes

I’m running into the same issue. The bug sometimes resolves itself, but has come back on and off the past few months. It’s got to the point where it’s really slowing the development of my game down. What was the solution you found?

Trivial computations (such as raycasts) and actions in-game are leading to major lag spikes out of nowhere. There’s been no changes in the scripts nor any backdoors since the issue started again yesterday.

As an example, when I equip a tool with a part set as its handle there’s a major FPS drop: https://gyazo.com/df777e8dc30874bd5b5612cc39f361a6

(UPDATE)
It randomly resolved without any changes yet again. If there’s a solution to prevent this from happening in the future, it’d be appreciated.

(UPDATE 2)
Less than 10 minutes later, no changes to scripts, the issue is back.

(UPDATE 3)
I finally fixed it. When mesh parts were directly parented to the workspace it caused lag with anything physics related. After I grouped the mesh parts into a model so that they were no longer directly parented, it solved the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.