French Translations [OPEN]

Pretty good. People are nice, education is good. Free healthcare is definitely a bonus. :laughing:

2 Likes

Bahaha love the health care, literally a life saver! Had to get blood drawn today. Walked in, then walked out, amazing service. School relations here aren’t as great, due to the provincial government changing things to cut budgets, like OSAP, French schools, etc.

Hello! I’m interested but could you give proof that your legit?

1 Like

I’m not sure how I can prove my legitimacy, but I can assure you I will not scam, or not provide you service if paid. If you’d like to contact me, verify the “Contacts” tab, and we’ll negotiate price, and how many words you need to be translated.

1 Like

How much different is Canadian French than English?

2 Likes

If you mean the difference between English and French, everything.

If you mean the difference between French and Canadian French, France has a different way of speaking than Quebec. France’s french uses a sort of “legacy” french, where any new word doesn’t get translated whatsoever; which pretty much means any new word is said in the language it was created in.

I have an example; the word “Shopping” is a new word, and as such, people in France say exactly that. Quebec’s French would translate the word into French. The word in Quebec would be “Magasinage.” i’ll add this to my post

3 Likes

Having a separate portfolio written in French is a great idea, and shows people your fluency in the language. I’m currently studying french and I was trying to translate it, sadly to not very successful avail.

Overall, trés sympa et je pense que tu es un portfolio génial! - I hope that was correct, it probably wasn’t

1 Like

Thanks for your compliment, and good luck with your French studies!

Also, it’s “très sympa, je pense que tu as un portfolio génial!” you were pretty close.

1 Like

I’ve been taking french for 3 years and I can confirm by reading the french translation that it is 100% legit. Easiest way is to read situational phrases; google translate can’t formulate adjectives, prepositions, etc. for those, it just looks wrong and is an obvious indicator that someone is using translate, but in this case that’s not present.

3 Likes

Google translate also makes improper translations and doesn’t make proper conjugations, “passe compose”, and “because” translates to car instead of parce que.

1 Like

I’m Canadian too, and I speak Canadian French. :heart:

1 Like

Winter commissions are now open! If you’d like to book my translation service, you can do so.

I hired @Ap_inity to do French translations in my game Obby Creator.

He was extremely fast and professional, even asking me about a few of the in-game phrases he was unsure about. He kept me up to date with his progress through Discord. I would recommend for other developers and will come back again if I need translations in the future!

2 Likes

Reading this, he is 100% legit! He speaks it all in great French! I took it a few years back.

Anyways, you can tell he is not using Google translate because if you use it, then translate it back to English, you get an obscure, weird phrase. For example, an Elf quote from Latin and back gets you: “Have you seen the big swimming?”

In summary, really recommend him! I personally haven’t used a translator yet, but out of a lot of them I’ve seen, he looks to be the best!

1 Like

I hired @Ap_inity to translate 2 of my games (Blox World Water Park & Plaza). He completed the translations quickly and was able to communicate affectively to ensure the translations were done right for the game. I’d recommend hiring @Ap_inity to do your French translations.

1 Like

I am french, i can talk english, so… am okay to help you :smiley:
(i think a french person is a good translator (canadian to french))
Anyways, i can help you.
Discord: 𝑴𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗#9602
have a good day

1 Like

Ap_inity is a professional and fast working translator. Would recommend to anyone needing quality French translations for their game!

1 Like

Hey I’m from Quebec too! :wink: :grinning:

1 Like

That’s wonderful to hear, but I don’t live in Québec as of now, I’m in Ontario! :grin:

Spring commissions are now open! If you intend on booking my services, you should do so now.