Fresh (Beta 1.1) - New Particle System

PartCache is like a recycling bin. What PartCache does is instead of getting rid of a part after using it, it saves it in a place you can’t see. This means when you need a new one, it will get the part that isn’t urgently in use. This is useful because creating instances is resource intensive.

2 Likes

Oh, that is really quite simple. Very helpful, think I could make it though.

2 Likes

Yeah that would help with performance if you are removing and adding parts which can collect in the garbage collector and add more memory.

Holy-

I don’t even have words. The example given looks amazing! Definitely getting this plugin! Great work, keep it up!

How do I use the module? Do you have API or documentation?? I’m so confused on how this works.

The post has an example of what to do.

How did you make those particles on the video I tried changing around the properties, but I can’t have the similar effect.

It doesn’t work for me dude :frowning:
Is there any way that can work nowadays?

Sorry but the person whi created was banned

wohohoo another abandoned project again, probably i feel like this module has been broken again due to roblox’s API change (haven’t tried this module smh) i was planning on using this back in 2021 but never got a chances to do so though there’s already another one but it doesn’t react to parts like what this one does.

overall for me, this has to be the best particles module ever made on Roblox as they’re pretty similar to Unity’s particle system, hopefully roblox adds their own 3D particles editor like 2D.

Hey, my apologies for bumping this, but is there any other similar alternatives to this system? im trying to make good particles for my game and this would have been a lifesaver if it did work.

It’s not a very special approach, their method was to spawn small parts, add a trail to it and apply a velocity. I haven’t heard of open-source alternatives, but you can give it a shot to try and make it yourself.

Ah i see, well ill see what i can do, thanks for the response.

might try updating this myself, new features and better documentation (scratch the plugin and upload to github)

1 Like