Friday Update 2 is live!

Hello again! It’s Friday, which means more Blox stuff! Now that we have a dedicated wiki, you’ll be able to find every version documented there, including this one. There’s also information about every single block in the game (and cool isometric renders which I totally didn’t do by hand over the course of two days). You can find it linked in our community Discord server! (13+)

As always, you can play the game here: BLOX - build anything! - Roblox

This update was mainly bugfixes and performance improvements. Here’s the changelog:

Additions

• Added two new blocks - Diamond Block and Diamond Ore :gem:

Changes and fixes

• Player loading is now handled by the game, rather than depending on the default Roblox behaviour.
  • Fixed a bug with the main menu where the Blox logo did not animate at startup.
  • The Blox logo on the main menu can now use more block combinations!
  • Fixed a bug with world replication where the client and server could disagree over the world state when a block was placed under certain timed conditions.
  • Clouds now update at 30fps rather than 60fps to improve perfomance.
  • Fixed a bug with saplings being unable to grow into trees.
  • Improved the way block and render updates are queued internally, to improve performance with mass block updates.
  • Sponge now removes fluids instantly.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented players from targeting blocks if the camera was above the world height.
  • Fluids now have their own render type, though they still appear as full cubes.

Known bugs in this version

• Attempting to place a block on top of a half slab targeted the wrong face of the block.
  • Attempting to place a block while facing directly upwards can fail.

As always, feel free to send me your feedback, questions and bug reports! I’m always listening to help make the game better for you guys! :slightly_smiling_face:

View the last changelog here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.