Friend and I made a world re-renderer

Right so, we’ve all seen the custom “cameras” implemented by OzzyPig, redraws of the screen via GUI.
Me and my friend decided to take it further;
Gather the world info, compress it, redraw it, and send it as an image to discord.

My friend made the scanner, and I made the shader;
At first we were unsuccessful. We just had…

A broken scanner. And even worse, it just drew everything as a bright green if it did draw it;

Then we got clever and both made some changes, and then on the next try we had something magical.

We had color! we had definition! Keep in mind, we are rendering the post-images with in-game UI and sending it to a discord server in form of a PNG upload!
Now we needed to up the resolution and see if we could get a large geometry going.

so we took this:

and made this:

BUT THAT WASNT ENOUGH, We needed more. We needed definition; we needed better gamma.
So I made some modifications, and we rendered a test CSG

It was a cool example of definition, but now we needed to bring color back into the equation, so we tried our best; and
out final test concluded with taking this geometry:

And we turned it into this:

Relatively good coloration, good face-lighting, and relatively good definition. But all exceeded our expectations for making a scanner and renderer, and we are pleased to show you all this after 3 hours of hard work tweaking something that was seemingly pointless!

Thank everyone;
~CosmicMeatloaf, and @SteamyMu

9 Likes

This is pretty cool but you got it to send a png to discord, that’s pretty cool too!