Friend request counter is stuck at 1 with no actual friend requests pending

EchoReaper said for i repost it in here so here go.

for me it says that i have 1 friend request but it shows no one, them if i click ignore i get 0 friend request, them when i go to another tab or reload the page it says that i have 1 friend request again.
gif

21 Likes

Probably a deleted bot.

Click ignore all then close out of the site and get back on. Should save.

1 Like

I hate to be the guy who revives old topics, but this is still a relevant issue:

Pressing “ignore all” does nothing. This originally started when I pressed the button to remove my 300+ friend requests I accumulated over the year.

7 Likes

I can confirm that this is still a confusing issue now. This is very minor, but can still be considered a flaw visually. :expressionless:

Roblox please fix this, this is although a minor issue, but it doesn’t seem like it would really be that difficult to fix. It’s starting to get on my nerves too.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’ve had this problem several times over the past 2 years or so, and each time I’ve simply logged onto a different account, sent myself a friend request from that account, and then declined it. This would always reset my inbound friend request count to 0, and I would be able to get on with my life.

However, over the past week or so I had received around 4 friend requests from the same user. I declined them all, but when I tried to decline the last one, it didn’t work. Naturally I just assumed I could do the usual routine of friend requesting myself from an alt, but to my surprise it didn’t work. I tried multiple times and the friend request was still there. I noticed that when I went into my requests tab, rather than the usual ‘Requests (1)’, it said ‘Requests (0)’. Here’s a screenshot:

For the next few days the friend request would appear in my notifications tab,no matter how many times I hit decline, but that was the only place where the friend request actually loaded. I have received many friend requests over the past few days and no amount of declining will fix my counter. It is always 1 ahead of what it should be.

I don’t know what to do in this situation, I’m considering going full desperation mode and friending the user who sent me the glitched friend request, but I don’t know if that would fix it, and that would also be a real pain.

EDIT: 8 days later this is still happening

EDIT 2: On May 3rd, 2021, this finally fixed itself. I don’t know what I did, but the friend request finally went away.

2 Likes

This is an issue. Although very minor, some people with OCD find it annoying. This should be a relatively simple fix.

1 Like

This is still an issue. But no it will never get the light of day, because apparently changing the names of things to “experiences” and “avatar shop” takes priority over fixing an actual bug.

2 Likes

Ive had the annoying (1) stuck on the side of my screen for a few weeks now, if there is a way to fix this that would be appreciated.
It seems this bug has stuck on the site for over 4 years already and just intermittently specific users who report it get their accounts fixed without the issue being addressed.

1 Like

It’s still happening. Extremely painful, thinking that someone legitimate wants to friend me.

2 Likes

Somewhat of a bump. Even I still have this issue too as well for quite a while.

bump

still an issue my friend request is stuck at 1

We can’t repro this - is the issue still happening?