Friends list disappears randomly

The friends list on my homepage frequently appears empty. This bug occurs when I refresh the Roblox website.

I’ve disabled all of my extensions.

I have been experiencing this bug for a while now.
It happens very often.

error

I am not sure why this is happening.
I use the latest version of Google Chrome.

25 Likes

This happens to me sometimes. I usually just refresh the page, and for me, it would normally start working again.

1 Like

This is very much still happening, I’m left wondering if Roblox is aware? Its a very problematic bug and several refreshes are needed. At the moment of typing this it took me more than 30 minutes to get it to appear, I wasn’t able to get any console info but I will once it happens again.

3 Likes

Alright I guess I have to post the info from my post about this here. So I’ve been experiencing this as well.
In the network tab, this is the only error that appears, image
Alongside that, the regular errors that appear in the errors tab seem to be repeating themselves

2 Likes

This needs to be fixed! It happens to me every day and I have to scroll through my friends list just to join their game.

1 Like

You can refresh the page, if it won’t works you can try to logout and login again. It worked on me. I hope it will help :slight_smile:

The issue is still there. Your method did not work.

1 Like

That’s a temporary fix. We’re looking for a permanent fix.

(approved as a reply to this topic)

There are some instances where I wanted to reload the homepage of the website so I could get updated info on whether my friends were online or not. It just so happens, every once in a while, that my 9 friend slots near the top just completely disappear. The first time, I thought it just didn’t load properly, so I reloaded the page. Still, the 9 friend slots did not show up. This doesn’t happen all the time, just a about once or twice a day for me. After waiting 15 minutes or so, I reload the homepage and the 9 friend slots come back up. I’m not sure what triggers this bug, as it happens randomly.

A screenshot of the usual homepage:

And when the bug occurs:

I’m not sure if I’m the only one with this bug, so let me know if you’ve ever had the same issue before if you reply.

Thanks,
HappyLemonzYT

1 Like

Note: I didn’t find any other topics about this, so I’ll do it as well.

Background Info:
Over the past few weeks, I was having some trouble trying to join my friends, and how am I having trouble to join them? It was both the Home Page and Profile friends category not showing after a refresh on the website.

This began to bother me. I disabled some of the Chrome Extensions for the ROBLOX website, but still, the bug was still there, not even one of the extensions caused it to be like this.

Information on the bug:
The bug started 2 weeks ago when I was just refreshing the page after playing some games with my friends or even checking on them. I told my friends about this, and they did tell me that they had this similar problem, some of them don’t have an extension and some do, which is starting to be confusing for me and my friends. I did gather some proof below me on the situation.

Proof of the bug:

Below me, is before I refresh the page:

After refreshing the page, it shows this:

I couldn’t get a image of it not showing on the player’s profile page, but it did happen to me and a couple of my friends.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, I think there should be a patch into this since it could brother many people on the platform, and even for developers looking at friends to play or talk to during free time, or even at random.

If this bug was patched, it would be great for a much better experience, since it started during the beginning of the month. :happy4:

2 Likes

I also have this bug. I haven’t been able to find a pattern with it, it seems to just occur randomly. I have tried refreshing the page, going to another roblox page and back, and retyping the website url into the url bar. Neither one of those solutions have been working and I have to open an entirely new tab and hope it works just to see my friends list.

1 Like

I would like to point out that the error you posted does seem to be the issue. I looked into the console when it happened a few days ago and got practically the same error, some JS error about one of my friends. Oddly enough, it looked like it was specifically one of my friends causing the error, obviously it shouldn’t and wasn’t intentional on their part.

It’s probably a good idea to get the entire error the next time it happens, which I will definitely do.

Edit: I got it again and this is the detailed error:
Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Use 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. Repeater: friend in library.friendsDict | orderList: library.friendIds | limitTo: layout.maxNumberOfFriendsDisplayed, Duplicate key: object:6, Duplicate value: {"isOnline":false,"isDeleted":false,"description":null,"created":"0001-01-01T06:00:00Z","isBanned":false,"id":REDACT,"name":"REDACT","displayName":"REDACT","profileUrl":"REDACT","presence":{"userPresenceType":2,"lastLocation":"","placeId":null,"rootPlaceId":null,"gameId":null,"universeId":null,"userId":83066639,"lastOnline":"2020-07-01T21:08:46.1002422Z","className":"icon-game"},"nameToDisplay":"REDACT","$$hashKey":"object:6"}
Anything with a value of “REDACT” is just their username, or something else that lets you see their profile.

I’m still suffering from this. Roblox really needs to fix this.

as NK4Z said the error is related to server connection. From his picture, we can assume that the error occurs due to “Too many Requests”. I think this error indicates that too many people are updating WebSite page. I can only guess.

I am getting the same thing, but it just shows a loading symbol, nothing else. ITS SO ANNOYING

1 Like

I have the issue from time to time. Try refreshing your page.

I’m currently having the same issue, no matter where I go, it will just not load.
I have removed all ROBLOX extensions and nothing happens.
This has been going on for about 1 or 2 weeks.

My user info is:

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.90 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

sorry for an extreme necro bump but this just means that your client has sent too many requests to the server.

if you reload a profiles page like 10 times as fast as you can or open 10 browsers at once you will easily expereince this issue.