Frozen Mountain - Showcase

Hey everyone,

I have released my latest terrain showcase! :tada: Go play it here:

This one is probably my favorite, I’ve really pushed roblox to the limits here. If my calculations are correct, this is 4k baseplates by 4k baseplates. Terrain LOD might be a problem, I am sorry.

Too lazy to join? Here are some pictures!

Do not forget that I have turned on global freecam, hit Shift+P to use it!

Interested in hiring me? Check out my portfolio:

[OPEN] FxllenCode | Terrain Artist, Environmental Designer, Lighting Expert

Thank you everyone for you support! It means a lot. Feel free to leave feedback in the comments, I would love to hear!

11 Likes

I absolutely love the terrain work and design, Great work! Only suggestion is adding more of a area to explore in the showcase.

You can explore the entire map in freecam mode.

1 Like

Wait wait wait wait wait, did you say 4K baseplates?! Did you make it by hand?!

I used a conversion method. I made the entire terrain in Gaea – took me 2 hours – then opened the .OBJ in notepad, then pasted all the info into a script in studio – the script was 104k lines long – and rendered it using @TheNexusAvenger’s .OBJ converter. I then ran a massive part to terrain script, and then finally colored everything to my liking and did the lighting. I probably spent a total of 6 hours on this.

1 Like

Wow! Did you cook some eggs of your computer while you where doing it? Lol

Pretty much. Those six hours don’t include the crashing, waiting, freezing, and just slowness of the entire process. I actually wrote up a bug report, as 25% of the time when pasting in the details, it crashes studio. This never used to happen.

1 Like

Have you tried doing small chunks of code?

That would be impossible to deal with. On top of that, this was never a problem until around 6:45 PM yesterday.

1 Like

Looks really nice! The only thing I would say is that there are some peaks that look really sharp from the screenshots.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately terrain LOD is not centered around the camera. Here is some more explaining: