Full Featured HTTP API

Thank you. It’s really great to have a feature request met so fully.

2 Likes

This is sooooooo cool! Thanks!

I love this feature, Trello users have been waiting this for a long. Useful for apis and webhooks :heart_eyes:

1 Like

me right now

4 Likes

thankyouthankyouthankyou

Just checked this, we can’t access roblox.com URLs anymore.

:confused: awww

Still great feature though ! Ty ty!

1 Like

Oops it looks like the documentation that’s live isn’t the latest draft – I’ll make sure to get it updated. The answer is yes, the method will throw if a response isn’t successfully received.

Edit: The updated documentation is live.

3 Likes

@Maximum_ADHD On API page on the wiki, this paragraph is repeated twice (one before the example code and one after the example code).

1 Like

That was a bug. We cannot allow you to send requests to roblox.com until we figure some things out to prevent possible abuse vectors. Long term we want to enable this so you can use all of our APIs, not the just ones we expose to our Lua API.

15 Likes

:tada: Finally!

Since the 343 release notes (which needs to be updated to show that the update is live), I’ve been looking forward for this more or less daily. Awesome to finally see it shipping! :smile: IsHttpServiceRequestAsyncEnabledPlease.rbxl (12.3 KB)

Well, time to make modules for just about any webservice (or just most-relevant use-cases, ha).

1 Like

Amazing! An update well-needed. Can’t wait to utilise this change at a later point! :smiley:

1 Like

Before this I had many complaints with how HTTP was handled, now I have none.

Any estimated time on this?

2 Likes

Nope, no timeline.

2 Likes

cough Open Source

:thinking: Why would someone make their sweet modules for webservices not open sourced?
Well, unless it’s their own private webservice maybe - but I don’t see the reason not to for public services.

1 Like

7+ Billion people on Earth, I’m sure someone will think of something.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Developer Hub Update

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.