Function autocomplete & auto closing quotes inconveniently set ending character

When autocompleting a function name or typing out a quotation, Studio will always autocomplete the corresponding ending character.

Can see in this video I wanted to autocomplete a function name in front of my table look up. It put the ending parenthesis before the name.
Quotatons run into this same problem on an ending quote; can be observed Studio adding beginning and ending backquotes when finishing off a string.

Expected behavior

In the case of the function autocomplete, I’d expect it to only autofill one parenthesis.
In the case of adding quotes to the end of a string, I’d expect it to detect the end of an existing string and only auto fill one quote.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

1 Like

Hey have there been any updates regarding this issue?

Hi, thank you for checking in on this. We currently don’t plan to fix this because for the fix we would have to fundamentally change our autocomplete logic.

It’s possible to write a ScriptEditorService Autocomplete plugin that could take care of the most annoying occurrences of this as a workaround (maybe always keep the number of quotes even on the current line?)