Functions should automatically be given '()' in Command Bar

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to type out and have an easier/ease way to type down functions with the () type when typing down a function like os.time() and not having the brackets pop-up and show for convenience.

Inside Roblox Studio and in the Command Bar at the bottom, some tables that can be used like [] or ‘()’ can’t be generated with a selected prompt for a function as an example above.

With the new Script Editor and the Command Bar being out for some time and for a while, it has been hard for me and other developers in the command bar (Not hard, but not reliable) for functions such as math.random() and table.concat() and for their brackets/parenthesis to show up for typing down functions inside of them or for other purposes.

I could just type out ‘()’ myself and not to worry about anything, but I’m mostly used to functions who automatically give ‘()’ and have a nice day from there and move on from more typing and such.

In the Command Bar, it’ll behave like this when adding a string/table function, and in the Script Editor it behaves as it does but not in the command bar:

Command Bar:

Script Editor:

If Roblox is able to address this feature and somewhat of an issue, it would improve my development experience and development workflow overall as a developer because it would allow me to type and make sure my command inside the Command Bar prompt is correct and won’t flood my output a ton of times without me noticing, or simply an easier method like it behaves in the Script Editor.

3 Likes