Funny or not funny? (Updated) 2022/01/05

Before I implement this into my build I’d like to know the majority that think it’s funny. I’d also like to know if there should be some changes within the wording or the format.

Updated*

17 Likes

I think it’s pretty good. Is that a loading screen?

8 Likes

It gave me a slight chuckle at most. There are some spelling errors in the text so watch out for that.

In my opinion, it’s a bit cheesy at the end. Other than that it’s good!

11 Likes

You know what I say to that.

Hi-Hi-Hi-Ha Clash Royale king laugh

However there are spelling errors in the text, which is not good for presentation purposes. And the bit in the end kinda takes it to far in the ‘funniness’ spectrum. So i’d have that removed.

4 Likes

Well, I’ll fix the spelling errors once I’ve gathered enough information before I implement it, but, thanks for your opinions. Also, Ester it’s not a loading screen, but it’s one of the many things I’m gonna implement along the side of the halls. Just so you know I’m Canadian so “Color” for you is “Colour” for me.

6 Likes

haha I love this. this was a great idea!

4 Likes

meh, pretty cringe humour, not really funny, also fix the bad grammar

4 Likes

Begins to comment on grammar while using poor grammar. Smart move.

8 Likes

That looks awesome. Others are saying it’s not that funny and cringe but I think it’s only 5% cringe and the rest is great!

2 Likes

It’s actually not funny , but it’s ok.

8 Likes

This would work a lot better coming from a voice actor.

But it conveys a funny idea.
I would highly suggest reading it out loud yourself in the voice that you can imagine it being in, even if you purely pursue a written narrative.

If this is in the intro sequence for a new player, it must not convey the same humour as a character you’ve already introduced.

If this is a story of sorts game with reoccurring characters and dialog, you may want to consider writing down specific characteristics.
This will help you phrase sentences that are a little more distinguishable depending on who is talking.

For example, GLaDOS from the Portal games have a very condescending but logical way of talking.

I personally can hear the voice coming from some sort of doctor who is a bit dopey, forgetful, stern, but of a good heart, even if he ticks off a few of gigs colleagues.

4 Likes

its not funny didnt laugh sadly

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s funny, but it is quite interesting.

1 Like

Sorry man did not laugh but maybe that’s just me idk if others would laugh

1 Like

Not funny enough, I recommend adding in Devforum screenshots

Now that is actually helpful. I’ve already thought about voice acting, but I’ve decided that when the games finished I’ll start it up with voice acting. I actually thought a boring professor type would best suit the first floor.

1 Like

I think it would be pretty good if it was on a TV and so each paragraph of text continues on each frame, so that the “is this thing still printing?” sounds less cheesy and makes more sense. Overall, it’s good!

I thought the same thing for a screen or another display method, but I figured this to be the quickest until I get everything set up. Also, If you look at the updated version of it you might find that the last part has been removed. I was thinking a special machine be made to print out letters/wording on the walls. However, I’m still in the basics for Lua and currently expanding from C++, Python, etc.

Never said I was good at Grammar myself

Doesn’t matter, and it makes you out as a hypocrite.