Future Is Bright: Phase 1 - Studio beta

I feel like even Phase 3 should be released on a 64-bit version of the Roblox client, as if I Play Test my place with some realistic trees and road textures, I easily hit the 4 GB limit and eventually crash.

5 Likes

What anti-aliasing features do you refer to?

1 Like

Pretty sure he meant that. Having different texture filtering options like Bilinear, Trilinear, 4x Anistropic, and 16x Anistropic would also be nice.

4 Likes

Yeah, also ambient occlusion options too I was reffering too with HBAO/SSAO

2 Likes

Delayed this response but discovered this thread after it got bumped.

Phase 1 of FiB (Voxel) is quite incredible to my Terrain work.

Legacy:

Voxel:

Legacy:

Voxel:

Looking forward to what Phase 2 brings!

16 Likes

Looks absolutely amazing! I can imagine some of the great aesthetics that people will be able to accomplish with these new sun shadows!

4 Likes

I’ve noticed over a course of builds that Voxel lighting really improves the visual side of smooth terrain and nature-based builds. Really cool stuff :+1:.

8 Likes

Just overall. Polygon edges need to be quite a bit smoother in order for Roblox to stand a chance of being a professional development platform.

4 Likes

This term is really disrespectful, can we please stop shoehorning it into discussions just because Roblox hasn’t caught up graphically with other games? A lot of hard work goes into Roblox’s engine behind the scenes to make it smooth and scalable on many different platforms.

27 Likes

I believe this, no doubt there is a lot of hard work involved in creating a platform this big. But I have to say, I don’t exactly think saying it’s not a “professional development platform” is offensive/disrespectful, when you are talking in terms of graphics capabilities, especially when compared to things like Unreal Engine 4, or Unity, etc. Still, you can make awesome things on ROBLOX, no doubt. But the graphics REALLY need to get caught up to retain more developers for a longer time. This might include me.

5 Likes

It’s not offensive/disrespectful, but it’s a little uninformed / too simplistic to say that Roblox’s graphics are a sign of the platform lacking professionally. The requirements are much stricter compared to typical games made using Unity or Unreal.

14 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

This thread is about Future is Bright and graphics – please don’t derail into general discussion about Roblox as a platform.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.