Future Is Bright: Phase 2 - Studio beta

Awesome, lookin great and can’t wait to use it.

1 Like

Looks really cool. This is a result I got from a game I’m developing for. Looks great Roblox. Can’t wait to see more!

31 Likes

WOOHOO!

17 Likes

I am SUPER excited for this update. I feel it will impact the games greatly!

3 Likes

Can’t check at the moment, but this is very cool. I just hope it doesn’t make the colors ugly like voxel.

3 Likes

Loving the lightning this technology gives https://gyazo.com/139d532f6d920dc5738442247d1df142

3 Likes

Jaw dropping window shadows

43 Likes

Wow, looks beautiful. I love how the shadows moving when the time is passing. Let’s make more spectacular time-lapses. It’s a fantastic update for everyone. I can’t wait for the next one.

6 Likes

Amazing stuff! Can’t wait for the full release :open_mouth:

6 Likes

looking great!!!

46 Likes

I’m a little curious as to why the sun looks so drastically different between Voxel and ShadowMap. It looks MUCH brighter and MUCH more washed-out in ShadowMap than it does in Voxel. I’m not sure if this is intended or not, either.

Voxel

ShadowMap

(Both screenshots taken with the exact same lighting settings and post-processing effects)

5 Likes

Something odd shadow bug I noticed

13 Likes

You can really see the difference.

3 Likes

Thank you SO MUCH for letting it give accurate shadows for mesh’s that have a texture with alpha on them. I was afraid they would be treated as a solid and the alpha ignored. This is such a Great Update!

38 Likes

Might be hard to see, but the ship and dock are casting shadows on the lagoon floor, just really really nice.

16 Likes

Love the lighting!!! It makes everything look so lively!

75 Likes

This may perhaps be related:
I’m noticing a similar bug with SunRays in ShadowMap that I noticed with SunRays when Voxel originally came out:

Voxel SunRays bug (since been fixed)

Same scene & settings as above but post fix

Different scene & settings, though similar bug, now with ShadowMap

(The bug this time around is much more subdued but looking closely you can see the sun is much brighter than the SunRays directly surrounding it)

2 Likes

My god, this looks amazing.

By the way, I wonder if we will have something like an advanced graphics settings in the roblox client on future? I mean, just switching ‘‘Level 1 to Level 10’’ graphics quality isn’t enough. Like if you are using a computer with low specifications, but you want to use a graphics effect (like these glowing lights) that your computer would probaly handle.

8 Likes

It’s such a pain to convert old projects over to play around with the new lighting system in such a way that the lights don’t blind you (that’s actually because of setting Lights brightness > 1), but the pay-off is worth it. Looking forward to more FiB soon.

1 Like

Lots of things we’ll need to adjust to make it look good but this is awesome so far!

51 Likes