Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

RoGTA will be the future guys we are trying to bring the best graphics and performance to you and use original and high quality materials and objects in our game.

2 Likes

Yep. At least we have a way to win any argument as a dev now; by throwing a desktop with 10 pointlights open at your enemy.

3 Likes

Hey! I originally wanted to PM this, but seeing the amount of people that worked on this, I thought I’d post it here for publicity.
Our game uses beams & lights to emulate “realistic” lighting from the lanterns, and an issue we’ve ran into is the fact that shadows can fall on top of the beams, causing this:
Is there any way to mitigate this - I.e., allow for the lighting beam to not be affected by lighting? If not, are there any plans in the future to circumvent this? Many thanks.

Beam | Roblox Creator Documentation ?

3 Likes

EDIT: Sorry, I had two beams and only changed one. This solved my problem. Sorry for the confusion & many thanks!

1 Like

Hey, it seems that as of the latest update, shadows have gone haywire:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/895640589629018142/895641805150892093/1TfO8HSG92.mp4
Reproduction place (seems to be reproducible anywhere - even in studio):
https://www.roblox.com/games/6748046088/Models-Storage

2 Likes

this should be fixed now, thank you

6 Likes

I have 1gb of vram and it seems to work for me

1 Like

This amount of flickering is downright embarrassing. And it’s been happening since day 1. Not minding the terrible performance, I still cannot fathom enabling Future lighting in my game when you can’t even move a part under a light without the shadows dancing.

How long has Roblox had to work on this lighting system again?

5 Likes

Three whole years actually, here’s a video.

3 Likes

Has light baking been taken into consideration? Because in most cases, i don’t ever need my lights to constantly update as most of the time the lights wont move and nothing will enter the area. If we could bake the lights in or have an option to update the lights manually, this would really bring up performance!

7 Likes

I would generally say that baking lighting is godly, just look at the source engine, its old but supports both baked AND real-time lighting, but sadly roblox will probably find some stupid and complicated way of automating this feature if they ever decide to add it.

6 Likes

I still find it hilarious how the preview builds had a more realistic and more stable version of the lighting :joy:

9 Likes

So relateable, they find a way around doing things the simple way but it always turns out to be laggy and crappy. Instead of adding Genre Sorting Lists back, like the way I remembered it long ago, they add new categories. Like what’s the point of genres then? They only added it for them to be searched by, but since it’s gone what’s the point. @Roblox

3 Likes

For real, they hyped it up too for it to be dissapointing. The fact that FIB3 has been released to the public for literally almost a year now, makes it even worse. :joy:

9 Likes

They just added it to mobile with no performance improvements.

My ipad is starting to feel like a Samsung Galaxy S7 with this update.

1 Like

Yep, always expect new features to be half baked, and if posible rely on older methods as they are genraly more flexible and preforment.

3 Likes

That looks good but the new lighting only works in indoor environments that’s an outdoor environment so there’s not really a difference for that scene.

Hey @vrtblox, it seems like the issue I’ve reported above has started occurring again (or, at least in some similar form):

2 Likes

If you’re going to criticize someone, then be respectful while doing it. It’s not an easy job, and I’m happy that we’re getting this sort of advanced tech which supports all platforms seamlessly in the first place.
cc/ @ittrgrey

8 Likes