Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

what happened to this? its been a while

3 Likes

Vouch. Please Roblox, I’m begging you on behalf of a game I’m attempting to create, pleeaaaaaaseee hurry :frowning:

Even on max graphic settings on mobile this happens, but it’s worse than the video clip.

And if any staff sees this, do you think you could at least give me a timeline? I want to know if I need to find some stupid time consuming fix for this.

5 Likes

FiB3 is still not at all performant compared to even the worst shaders on UE4.

I wish it was.

5 Likes

And UE5 is getting good non-raytraced global illumination. Roblox’s attempt at it made FiB3 uglier. (also, how do the worst shaders look in UE4)

2 Likes

I really don’t want to be too harsh on Roblox here, but I feel that their botched implementation of PBR resulting in a harsh specular model change could be to do with why the final product looks and performs (in my experience) much worse than the later pre-release builds (namely v14-v16 which were probably peak Roblox lighting)

2 Likes

I’m betting that EnvMaps only being on fib3 is an attempt to promote this lighting technology.

It won’t work.

What will work, however, is them optimizing FIB3.

4 Likes

Vrtblox hasn’t been online for 23 days according to Friend Checker.

It’s like they just hired him to make FiB3 and immediately afterwards fire him.

3 Likes

I think it was also so the brigthness difference with voxel and future lighting is not such a drastic difference.

Well maybe how they test features and make features doesn’t really require them to be on the main site. If so that’s probably why.

5 Likes

It’s more likely that hes an engineer like zeuxcg, which works on multiple stuff at the same time such as LuaVM, LuaU, Produceral Skies, FiB and more stuff.

I’d understand it takes time to ship this into production but its just weird they don’t respond either.

2 Likes

If I were you I wouldn’t be making baseless assumptions like this. People usually don’t work on one thing all the time and do other things too. Have some patience

Yep. 23 days is a weird amount of time for a Roblox engineer to take a break for.

I’m just sick of me complaining for 14 straight months with no solution about the same thing.

3 Likes

I cab run crysis perfectly, while a roblox game with 10-20 lights tank my fps

3 Likes

oculus isnt an phone ::fu oculus they are facebook owned

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if they’re owned by Facebook, the oculus is a standalone headset that isnt hooked up to anything, that is running 72 hz in a very beautiful environment.

While when i try to play a game on roblox with a few lights my fps gets tanked even with my Ryzen CPU and RTX 2070S

3 Likes

Even alienware computers struggle to handle 40 lights in a place.

This is a real problem that Roblox must fix asap.

2 Likes

Bloody hell, Minecraft shaders run better with a lot more realistic properties!

3 Likes

Most Minecraft shaders only have one source of per pixel lighting and that is the sun / moon. Local lights in Minecraft are calculated per-block while Future has to do this per-pixel with sun / moon light also

1 Like

I do not believe I’ve made myself clear enough then

By local lights i mean any block that emits light. Lighting from local lights are calculated per block (which I’m pretty sure lighting calculations aren’t updated every frame).

Compare this to Roblox future lighting which, since it’s per-pixel and realtime, has to update lights every frame for over 2 million pixels (on a 1080p Monitor). In addition lights are able to cast shadow in Roblox so the engine also has to update the shadow map for each shadow casting light. Of course there may be some optimizations I’m leaving out here but I think you kinda get the idea.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that shaders do actually use per-pixel lighting, seeing how good the shadows were with local lights.
But yes, I could be making better comparisons than Minecraft mods.
UE5 is an example of that. It can do amazing shadows, with proper global illumination. It can do that without ray tracing in realtime.

2 Likes