Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

Before asimo switched the lighting, I could maintain 60 FPS at graphics quality 7 but after he switched the lighting, I can only maintain 60 FPS at the lowest setting. This feature does not feel ready to be released because of how bad the performance is.

The specs of my system:

9 Likes

I’ve been experiencing major performance issues as well. Normal fps would be around 60 in my game and when enabling this I drop to around 12. There’s also multiple reports from my player base.

5 Likes

Yeah, I just remember there being 3 phases. Regardless, finally seeing this feature out of beta is a great plus for the game and it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll stop here!

1 Like

Never thought Future looked that great but that’s probably because I very rarely see pictures where it’s used well. (also, the performance issues and glitches people have mentioned earlier in the thread)

But at the same time I know a lot of people really like the “realism” that it brings.

So… yay? IDK how to really feel about this. FiB isn’t as cool as it used to be for me :confused:

1 Like

After so many time! But when the PBR is release? But thanks to you, after so many time we get Future!

2 Likes

This is probably one the hugest changes roblox has ever made.

I most likey love the lighting but reading the replies above,I can tell alot of people are finding alot of bugs with the new lighting.

In the post said it’s not final so, we could expect fixes on the new lighting soon.

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone else has had the same thing but I find that when tweening a light’s colour it’s shadows don’t update for ages and it causes a kind of strobe effect. This might be the case for brightness too but I haven’t checked that

I also get these weird shadows but they generally disappear within a second or so image

4 Likes

Well in my room the light comes from the ceiling not from the wall. But with multiple wall lights like that that effect would happen yes.

Yeah, the shadowing is probably needing the most fixes, so hopefully Roblox fixes that problem!

2 Likes

This looks great the only thing is there are wayyyy too many bugs. Lights are glitchy. Graphics settings have to be set wayy low to achieve 60 fps. And on top of that a lot of bad feedback on games because of this. They should revert this back to beta.

Edit: I didn’t mean to reply…

2 Likes

Gets me this:image
And then I go up one…

And my FPS drops wayyy low.

10 Likes

Super excited to try this out for future builds.

Yeah, I can agree, It’d be better if they spent more time before release, I mean sure everyone was waiting for this but, we all should atleast have a better point of view of FiB3 :).

Either way, they’ve outdone theirselves, they’ve worked really hard for this so I’m pretty happy with the work they’ve put into it.

1 Like

This update is amazing, lighting is a big part of games and this certainly is a major improvement! It also seems quite optimised throughout testing it on a spare laptop, great going!

1 Like

Yet games outside of roblox that use this tech have far better performance and they let it seen on all graphics setting. While with this it’s just unbearable. Sure you could use the other ones but the lighting looks so much worse and future adds more immersion. And also other games need quite a bit of lights and even without it casting shadows performance is still pretty bad.

2 Likes

A problem that I have is that the new lighting is a lot darker than the old one.

Shadowmap / Voxel:

Future:

It’s also slower, but it will probably get fixed because of mobile.

I hope that those problems will get fixed because future looks really good!

5 Likes

Christmas looking great with this lighting

4 Likes

That’s amazing, good job, keep up the incredible work! =)

1 Like

Glad to hear it, thanks a ton :slight_smile:

1 Like