Future is Bright Studio: Tree mesh shadows

I have been tweeting all kinds of cool content on Twitter about using the Future is Bright studio and all the amazingness if features, but unfortunately I have been confronted by something I cannot figure out. I was using some realistic trees and the shadows on them changed. They went from realllly realistic shadows to the typical shadows one would find in the regular studio - rounded and of lower quality.

Even shadows everywhere else have changed, but this is how I discovered it.

Going back to previous versions did not work.
Any ideas?

8 Likes

Is the setting ticked in studio settings?

Uh, I went trough my settings and I saw I don’t have the option to enable Future is bright.
I’m in the Roblox beta so I’m not sure what to do. How to you fix this?

(It’s a bit off-topic as he already had it before, but I had to ask it somewhere)

FIB isn’t part of the beta program. It’s an experimental build of studio that you have to download and install yourself:

Here’s the official website for it: Future Is Bright | future-is-bright

There should be a download link on that page. There’s also a thread on the devforums about it:

4 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

Hold on. Hold on.

This is Roblox?

2 Likes

Yes. The future of Roblox is bright :wink:

2 Likes

It was not! Thank you @Tinarg!! That helps me out!

1 Like

Back in business!
Yes @devSparkle It IS!

4 Likes

That’s impressive, could we get some info as to how you achieved such a lush grass?

2 Likes

@devSparkle Theres a freemodel mesh grass in Meshes. A lot of people use it, and I do to, it suits perfectly for what I am trying to make. Then used Jacey’s model brush plugin to place them 1 at a time.

3 Likes

Very nice landscaping.

These look so pretty

Don’t forget to mark their post as the solution if it solved your problem.

2 Likes