Future Lighting & Coffee Shop

Hiya! :wave:

Right now I am Developing the Coffee Shop with the newest and most advanced lighting technology available on Roblox!
Future Lighting is REALLY cool! Isn’t it? It offers so much more for Developers! Realism, fun to work with it and of course…the result! Stunning!

I just wanted to say that the capabilities of Roblox studio are just mind blowing! :exploding_head:

I am waiting for some really constructive feedback, to make it look even more realistic and beautiful! :slight_smile: :white_check_mark:

Thank you!

44 Likes

What does it look like when you change the lights to somewhat more blue-ish?

5 Likes

how its look like if you change the light mode ?

3 Likes

Let’s check it out! :slight_smile:

Right now I used more warm tones, because of the main style, but never even thought of having something like that! I will be right back with the result!

1 Like

Huh? Not really sure what you mean by the Light Mode? Roblox Studio User Interface doesn’t really affect the final result?

The result is AWESOME to be honest! I really like the way you think! This give such a different vibe!
BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

12 Likes

I think he means if you changed the lighting technology. I might be wrong, however.

1 Like

The main problem with future lighting, is that it’s very hard to work with, it usually gives that really odd bright reflectancy in a place where you don’t want it to be, it’s rather annoying to get rid of which is why it’s hard to pull off a good future lighting build, this coffee shop does include multiple scenarios of this such as the back walls where the tables are.

2 Likes

This is so nice! I can’t wait to play this if it ever becomes open to the public.

It’s so exciting seeing where Roblox is going and what it is becoming.

2 Likes

@Operatik Welp, the idea worked…

1 Like

WTH, IS THIS EVEN ROBLOX STUDIO, bro this is crazily UNREALISTIC!!

I love your build bro, I guess that Roblox’s capabilities of graphics is indeed stunning

1 Like

Stunning! I really like what you did with the glass as well. Have you considered setting up some scripts that could produce some RGB or other glowing style effects to make your atmosphere feel more alive?

3 Likes

Well, it wasn’t really constructive, but I get the point. At the moment, it the best Roblox allows you to do and we must value it. I will be working on it even more to optimize the look. It takes time to learn this new tech. Overall, I disagree with you about the fact that it’s hard to work with it, it just takes bit time and requires to learn technique. In my opinion.

Hmm, that sounds interesting. I will have to think about creating such thing! The idea seems cool.

1 Like

Did you use spotlights for lights?

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, Roblox Studio features & tech are getting better and better

1 Like

Spotlights and SurfacLight are being used in the Development! They give effect to those shadows and overall lighting!

1 Like

Thank you! I will keep you up to date, once it’s open for public! I also excited about Roblox’s future in this tech!

Oh! Now I get it. It would all have to be re-made. The lighting I mean. The project was built with Future Tech from the beggining.

Answer to your question: It would all have to be re-made. The lighting I mean. The project was built with Future Tech from the beggining.