Future of Vault 8166?

A lot of people seem confused about the fate or origins of 8166, so for those of you who are confused let me just clear some things up.

The real story of Vault 8166

In December 2016 I created the original story and footage for Vault 8166.

The original concept was a blend of inspiration from classic Area 51 games on Roblox + conspiracy theories involving the US government and the paranormal + scary Roblox myths. In the end, this blend of ideas was turned into a Roblox myth which was different from all others.

Earlier that year I was running an Area 51 game that got some players with the help of Minitoon, but never truly took off. I later became interested in Roblox myths, and with my already existing interests, Vault 8166 was born. But as it got popular, a lot of people were changing the story and creating fake lore to gain publicity.

It was getting out of hand and I did not want to go through another drama after what was already happening with the copied game situation. I also did not want random attention, especially because I feared Roblox would ban me if they thought I owned a hacker group. I reuploaded my original footage to a different channel and abandoned 8166 entirely, which is why others were able to steal credit for creating it.

Bad idea to abandon it? Maybe! In early 2020, some people found me and filled me in on what happened throughout the years with “Vault 8166”. Originally, I had no interest on returning to it, but I saw that people still cared for it, you all still cared for it.

What will happen to Vault 8166?

In mid 2020, I released the public version. It was not very impressive for a so-called scary and hidden map of the unknown.

You’ve all seen the public version, but now I am bringing forth the true Vault 8166, the one you’ve all been waiting for. The private version. Unlike public, this one will live up its legend to the fullest… while also following Roblox Community Guidelines.

The theme will still be based on 2016-2017 era Roblox. I will be sure that the formula will not move too much away from what made Vault 8166 loved by so many people to begin with. I am still piling onto ideas that I’ve had ever since the first days I wanted to make 8166 into a full facility. Thank you all SO MUCH for sticking with Vault 8166 all these years. I am sorry for not returning sooner, but now it’s vault’s time to shine. The best days of 8166 aren’t behind us, they are just starting…

(this is a promise I can make)

With a wholehearted attitude,
Pranath_vir

39 Likes