G-Sync Studio Compatibility Issue

When G-Sync is enabled Roblox Studio becomes unresponsive and jittery. This only occurs when G-Sync is enabled for windowed and full screen mode. This occurs sometimes in the viewport, but occurs 100% of the time when opening the Lua script editor.

Description of Behavior:

When G-Sync is enabled everything has seconds of delay on input and the viewport refreshes very slowly.

Relevant System Specs:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 cores
  • 1440p 144hz Monitor with G-Sync enabled for Fullscreen applications
  • Windows 10 64 bit

Let me know if you need any other information, because of this issue I have to disable G-Sync windowed compatibility.

14 Likes

I am assuming you have also tested this on other applications and games, I have not had any issues with my G-Sync.

My System Specs:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
  • Intel i5-7600k, 3,800 Mhz, 4 cores
  • 165hz, 1440p Monitor with G-Sync
  • Windows 10 64 bit

It might help to try and change your Graphics Mode in Rending in the Studio settings. If I may ask how many frames are you getting with Studio? Sometimes when Windows updates to a newer version it can cause G-Sync to act up and have low frames on some applications. Other than that I can’t really help you.

I have tried changing Graphics Mode but that doesn’t seem to affect the issue. Under normal circumstances I consistently get 60fps in Studio because that’s the cap. I am running the latest version of Windows 10.

The only notable difference here is that I have a Ryzen CPU, although I haven’t tested this issue on an Intel CPU so I can’t say if that’s the reason.

That’s quite strange, I honestly don’t know what to tell other than that.

I also have this problem, and I need to disable G-SYNC for each update of roblox studio. (I only disable g-sync for roblox studio)

My System Specs:

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI
  • Intel i7-8700k, 4700 Mhz, 6 cores
  • 165hz, 1440p Monitor with G-Sync
  • Windows 10 64 bit

Only occurs in the Lua script editor

G-Sync Enabled:

G-Sync Disabled:

2 Likes

bump, this is incredibly annoying as I use this monitor for gaming in my spare time and it is very tiresome to keep turning off G-SYNC just to develop.

AMD R5 3600
GTX 1070

2 Likes

Sorry for the necro but this is a VERY annoying bug. Devs need to see this ASAP! We shouldn’t have to manually adjust our own settings to fix their bug every time they update!

3 Likes

Why is this still an issue almost 2 years later? I haven’t developed on Roblox in over 2 years (since before I had a GSync monitor) and when a friend asked me to help him, it was a nightmare troubleshooting this issue. Now it’s just a complete pain to toggle this setting every time that I want to write 3 lines of code.

3 Likes

It is a pain having to disable G-sync for Studio after every Studio update :crying_cat_face:

This is still an issue 11/20/22, the only thing that lags is the script editor.

2 Likes

I believe this is resolved as of 9/13/2023, on the exact same hardware it is no longer reproduceable (sorry engineer i spoke to at rdc lol)