Gacha Online (~25k avg concurrent players) -- Recruiting Gameplay Programmers!

[Intro]

Heyo! I’m Snowdust, current solo dev of Gacha Online (Gacha Online ✨ - Roblox). Its gameplay is currently focused on socializing, roleplaying, and deep character customization.
The monetization system is respectful to the playerbase (currently only donations), and will always respect the players first. I am strongly against pay2win, lootboxes, and generally predatory monetization models.

I have big plans for Gacha Online, but not enough time on hand to work on them alone. I’m looking for experienced gamedevs to form a development team with.
Development will always be focused on creating fun experiences for the players first.

[Job Specifics]

I’m currently only looking for a single long-term programmer. Your responsibilities would highly depend on your skillset and preferences.
For those who want to express their creativity through fun gameplay systems they design and develop, there’s a place for you.
For people who want to expertly implement features, systems, or mechanics without needing to design them, there’s a place for you.

You’ll find a work environment that respects your time and well being, and encourages you to grow professionally. Work hours are very flexible, and chosen by you.
There’s no rush to create great work!

Example of an ideal candidate:

• Experienced with completing games or complex game systems, in or outside of Roblox

• Long-term* experience with programming, demonstrated through your portfolio (or other demonstrable medium)

• 1+ year* of experience with Lua, Roblox or otherwise

• Knowledgeable of the common pitfalls of Roblox development

• (knows their way around weird issues and quirks unique to Roblox and Lua)
  • Experience with networking systems within Roblox

• Understanding of (basic) network security
  • Communicates any issues or concerns as they come up [1]

• Genuinely enjoys videogames and programming/game development

*(years of experience are arbitrary, just show me you know what you’re doing!)
[1] - (I am very receptive to criticism and negative information. Never hesitate to bring up a concern or problem, or tell me an idea I have is bad! Good communication between devs is critical!)

This is just a list of expectations, don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t think you fit all the criteria!
(except enjoying videogames >:) )

Payment

You’d be initially contracted for a short-term job to see how things works out.
Payments are negotiable depending on experience and other factors, but rest assured I will pay you a competitive amount you are happy to work for. Revenue share can be negotiated for longer-term developers (a team motivated for success will accomplish great things!).

You’d be paid hourly, and services like Paydirt or Toggl will handle tracking time. I generally don’t believe in paying per-asset, as this usually removes the incentive to create polished work (quality >>> deadlines!).

Contact

You can contact me on:

Simply send over your portfolio and some info about yourself, and we’ll take it from there! The more info, the better! Be sure to tell me some of your favorite games too :).
Ideally looking for 18+ developers, but experience matters more than anything.

Let’s make something amazing together! :slight_smile:

3-26-22 UPDATE NOTE:
This position has been filled for a while, but please contact us if you believe we can do some awesome work together!
Art, translations, development, community work, etc, or just to connect, please reach out! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.