Gambing Game Help

Hello Roblox Developer Community,
As of today, I had the idea of creating a ‘Gambling’ game, as far as I’ve read the ToS it seems like my idea would work

There would be no way to buy points, however, if I am correct, then in certain countries I should block from playing the game. I have a few questions about this though:

1. Can I allow users to exchange points for Robux?
  2. Do I have to block certain countries from being able to join?
  3. Can I have developer products for donating?
  4. Can Premium users have extra perks over Non-Premium users?
2 Likes

Now here’s the thing, is it just virtual points (obviously Robux is virtual but I didn’t include that in the question) or are you actually gonna be giving out Robux? And how?

Also, whatever the Terms of Service say, whatever it is. If you get banned or warned for something that’s not against the rules, then this isn’t fair and you should appeal.

1 Like

If your game has the ability to convert in-game points to robux, that would be against TOS even if you cannot purchase points.

1 Like

It would’ve been given out via Group Funds, possibly automated.

Ah, alright. That sounds good I guess. Thanks for the answer

Other than that, as @Benified4Life said, it’s actually against the rules for giving away Robux like this.

1 Like

The TOS states that it is fine for premium users to have special perks, however it must not be pay to win. For example, an extremely powerful weapon in a battle royal game.

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks for the answer.

You should put this in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support btw

What is with this nonsense?

Wouldn’t be profitable, and if found out you’ll be banned.

Are you the government?

Must mark it as donation or could potentially be reported as scam.

A small difference would be enough

1 Like

Didn’t really think about this one, thought that only applied to buying

I’ve probably misread it, I apologize. Thought it said that I may need to block in some countries due to their laws.

I am aware of that, always doing it when adding donations

Sounds good, not much of a reason to make them have too much.

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s just a suggestion from a devhub document, not an actual formal rule.

1 Like

Not only is this formally against the Community Standards (not the Terms of Use), but you don’t have infinite Robux, which means enough exchanges will eventually cause you to run out.

Except where prohibited by local law or regulation, we allow the portrayal of gambling in experiences, no real money, Robux, or anything that can become real money or Robux, may be exchanged in these experiences.

src: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Standards

1 Like

To be honest, this gambling idea is very sus and very risky. I don’t advise making this type of game. Even if you do, I don’t think it’ll surpass 25 players active, as you block certain countries and gambling is only limited to 18+ members (I think.) Limiting the player reach by a lot.

You may risk having your account terminated and having to face legal consequences for child gambling.

1 Like

No, giving away Robux is against ToS.

1. No
  2. No, assuming you put all the proper age check code in place
  3. Yes, but then it’s no longer a donation since it’s a user purchasing an item
  4. Yes

Giving away robux on terms from gambling and giving it out freely in general is against roblox ToS I am pretty sure of, the reason is because roblox makes money off robux and rather not go downhill because you are giving robux, also giving out robux freely is a red flag to roblox.