Gambling Vs No Gambling In Roblox Experiences

Yo, I was wondering how adding in random items (Gambling) into Roblox Experiences effects the monetization and how much money is made. How much will adding in gambling affect the player base due to Random Paid items being a question in the questionnaire?
How much of a difference in profits will be made when random crates, pets etc are added into the game compared to a game where you have all the items set out with a price in a basic shop that players can save up for?

3 Likes

I haven’t personally worked on a game with gambling mechanics so I can’t answer the question about profits. If you do have gambling mechanics, your game won’t be available in several countries. You would be limiting yourself in terms of the amount of players who would have access.

5 Likes

How would using PolicyService change this? Would Policy Service make it available for these countries to still play?

1 Like

i love gambling my life away.

2 Likes

then you will love Las Vegas [the city known for tricking people into gambling their life away]

I never worked on a game with a gambling mechanics but adding “Paid Random Items” will restrict your game to the Netherlands [aka Holland] and Belgium, but I think it will increase the amount of money made since you are randomizing the chance of getting the items and if it’s very rare, you are getting more money because of how many people are trying to get it, but if you put it in a shop, you are getting less money, but you should put it like that if PolicyService checks that you are not allowed to use “Paid Random Items” stuff

2 Likes

If I was to use Policy Service would this make it available to play in the Netherlands and other countries if I made it just a regular shop for those users?

2 Likes