Game access permissions allows you to share games with anyone and any group

Bug
Although game access permissions are currently in beta testing, there is a notable bug that is extremely easy to abuse and that is already seeing abuse. You can share a game with anyone and any group regardless of being their friend or even being in the group. This allows for anyone to potentially spam millions of users by sharing games with large groups.

Reproduction Steps

1. Enable “Game Access Permissions” under Studio Beta Features
  2. Share the game with a user that you are not friends with or with a group that you are not part of
  3. The user that you shared the game with or members of the group you shared with will see the game under “Shared With Me”
1 Like

Not a bug, this is intended behavior.

We are working on solutions for this, hence the reason it is a beta feature and has not received an announcement.

3 Likes

I too can’t remove some games from the “Shared With Me” tab. This bug has been present since the start of Team Create, and has annoyed me ever since. I’ve seen this bug reported a couple of times on the Forums, yet nothing has been done about it.

In regards to the “non-friends” being able to share places with you matter:

As of recently, I’ve been using an alternate account of mine for my diverse little projects on studio. A few days ago, I noticed that on this particular account, I had a bunch of random games shared with me as shown below:

I found this quite strange seeing how on this particular account I have 0 friends, and don’t remember ever having befriended any of these users, so I too have games shared with me by people whom I’ve never even met…

Some of these users also seem to be ROBLOX admin impersonators…

hmmm…

1 Like

It looks like these are all shared with you because you are in the Roblox group, which these games were shared with.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.