Game Advertising 101

I Would assume that having you game model in the back ground with your character in front. Just move him to the side a little. Then to your banner like this
H
E
L
L
O
Then it will fit perfectly. I do agree with turning down the glow. Maybe make sharper looks for the sword. Or just make the banner a UI in your game and Taking a screenshot next to a building. Then using pain. Net to put on the character.
Best regards. -SignsDev7382

1 Like

Nice except one of the thumbnails has a building with a Gamepasses sign above so I think you should move the camera to a different building so players know it isn’t a Pay To Win

Uhh first of all, if a game has gamepasses, does that mean it’s automatically pay to win? Second of all, how does that really make sense? There is a gamepass store building. That’s like going to play a game and saying it’s pay to win because you can buy a gamepass. Doesn’t make sense. Some games like the original Pet Simulator are pay to win, but a gamepass store? How does that mean it is pay to win?

It does show what the game is about. It’s a guy with a sword in front of a city in the game. Sword fighting - pretty obvious. This definitely does not make it seem like it is PTW.

Uh I’m not arguing lol and I’m not going to start.

1 Like

I’ve decided to make this into a 101 Series, just published my second chapter to this.

just becouse theres gamepasses dosent mean that its pay to win,

title aka No1 Resource for Advertising.

Amazing, well put together and organised!

Gonna bookmark it!

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :grinning:

Thank you for this guide! I’ve bookmarked this, I feel like it’ll come in handy later.

1 Like

Ok so basically what I want is around 1-4 concurrent players (i.e a server full mostly 24/7).

How much should I bid around?

But I like to do this:
Spend a really low number like 50-250 on an ad and see if it works. If it’s bad (for me I say 0.05-0.1%+ is good since Im a small dev) then I don’t use it.

Should I do it this way?

Hey. So a common misconception is that advertisements gets you concurrent players automatically, that’s not the case. It depends on your gameplay, and how attractive your game is to the player demographic playing it.

As for CTR, always aim to be at least 1.00% no matter the size of your game as this will help you maximize bringing in players and getting the back for your buck.

Make sure your advertisement targets the age demographic or player your looking to bring to your game and that will help you harness the most loyal, and henceforward, concurrent players.

3 Likes

Um, I guess Ima just put the game here and see if you like it? I’ve been wondering if it is attractive. (I mean, I’ve gotten 1+ players each day so far.)

I’ll try to do that next time I advertise.

Should I still do this though?

I’ll take a look tomorrow and get back to you!

I’m looking for your opinion on this ad, is this a ad that will probably get me good CTR?

I made this game this year, close to February, when I was sort of a noob on studio.
I think this is basic, and simple. I really hope this does good for me and my game. (I’m not a really good artist and I do not have enough robux to hire someone to make a good ad.)

Hey! Could you show some examples of ads that get you above 1.5-2? Many of my ads don’t get above 1, and I’m not sure what to change.

Hey I left some examples of some Clickbaity/High CTR Advertisements on this Resource Post, find them there. What you want to aim for is an advertisements that can have some relation to your community/game but that at the same time targets your demographic audience.

Hey @Alexgamer1615YT , best thing you can do is run some market research on the advertisement, by running 1,000 on it and seeing what CTR it returns.

As for the game design, the best thing I can offer you is this resource guide that goes into Game Design, and what qualities and aspects you should have if you want your game to be successful.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what this actually means? I recently just made an ad and the way they explain this rule to me is somewhat confusing, I thought they warned me for the purpose the ad actually was for.

Also, thanks for your advice @imnotRummy

1 Like

Did you use an advertisement that said get the most click or how many clicks can you get?