Game Advertising: What's your preffered day to advertise?

Hey there!

I’d like to know what your preffered day is to run your advertisment.

Would you rather advertise on Friday/Saturday, or Saturday/Sunday?
And, why?

Also, do you have a specific time you run your advertisements?

1 Like

I normally run ads on Wednesday at 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM (Eastern Standard). It works out for me most of the time. This is because it’s early and people probably won’t upload ads early in the morning or very late in the afternoon depending on where you live. I picked Wednesday because people are going to upload ads on the weekends thinking it’s good, but it’s actually worse in my opinion, there are going to be lots of ads running at the same time which means your ad will probably fail. But if I had to pick between Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday, I would choose Friday.

3 Likes

I used to run ads and save updates solely for the weekends. Now, it doesn’t matter what day or time it is for me.

Fridays are a good time to advertise because Sundays and Saturdays are filled with other people advertising and that means not as many people will see yours. I recommend, 7:00 PM because most people are out of school or work by that time.

A lot of people assume Friday is the optimal time to run, which results in Friday becoming just like Saturday and Sunday.

I’ve run ads on the platform for 8-9 years, usually running on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

I’ve found that the day you choose really does not matter as ROBLOX continues to expand internationally, and your ads run for a day regardless. You are correct that most players believe the advertisement system is most effective on the weekends. But because many players have this mindset, the system becomes more expensive and less effective. This includes especially Friday, as most games have a release window of Friday.

Running on a weekday has its pros and cons, and running on the weekend has its pros and cons. It depends on the financial and promotional situation you are in as a developer. For some, it does not matter when you run ads.

Regardless, this entire discussion will render useless in a few weeks, as ROBLOX will soon allow advertisement campaigns for up to 28 days.