One of the most common requests that we’ve heard from our developers is to improve Sponsored Games so developers can more easily get their games discovered. Today we are excited to announce significant improvements to Sponsored Games on Roblox.
Here is an overview of the new features:
- A redesigned ad creation flow to make creating ads easier; we’ve also added a ”Sponsor” button next to your game on the Creations page to make creating ads discoverable
- Gender and basic age targeting
- The ability to run ads for up to 28 days
- Improved sponsored games reporting that shows detailed stats about the performance of your ads
- And the most exciting feature: attributed game play stats as a result of your ad
We are gradually rolling out the new Sponsored Games over the coming weeks, so if you aren’t able to access it today, you will be soon.
To find the new Sponsored Games, go to your Creations and click on the Sponsor button next to one of your games. Even with new Sponsored Games access, you will still be able to find your old Sponsored Games results for the next few months. We will deprecate reporting for the old sponsored ads system on or after 12/31/2020.
I don’t have access to the new Sponsored Games. How can I request access?
- As with many new features, Roblox is testing the new Sponsored Games before launching the feature to all of our users. Please be patient as we work towards giving 100% of our developers access to the new Sponsored Games. Unfortunately, we cannot manually opt you in.
I used to update bids on days when I wanted my Sponsored Games ads to run. How do I create new ads in the new Sponsored Games system?
- You can create a new ad and schedule that ad to run for as long as 28 days. You no longer need to set a bid for every day that you want the ad to run.
I used to see estimated impressions for my bid. Why don’t I see this any more?
- Because this is a new ad system, we must collect impressions and bids before making these estimates. We plan to make average bids and estimated impressions available once we have enough data to make these estimates.
How do I find my old Sponsored Games reports?
- Go to your list of Sponsored Game Ads and click on the link “View old sponsored game ads” link in the top right hand corner.
How do you measure attributed game plays?
- Roblox reports on game plays that are attributed to your ads. We follow the standard industry convention of a 1 day view, 28 day click through attribution window. And we limit just one game play per ad. In other words, if you run an ad and the person who clicks on your ad plays that game every day, we will record at most one game play per ad for that user.
What happens when I set an ad that is scheduled to run for more than one day, but I stop the ad before the schedule completes?
- When you run an ad, Roblox debits the Robux from your account for the scheduled duration of the ad. If you happen to stop the ad before the schedule completes, Roblox will provide a refund for every complete day that the ad did not run. For example, if you set an ad to run for 3 days and you click stop on the first day, you will receive a refund for the remaining two days when the ad did not run.