Game Approval Rating - efficient ways to increase?

I have a game of mine that has suffered a lower rating than what I wished. For context the game is about a month and a half old and has nearly 50k visits and 190 “ratings” at the time of this post. However, the rating is at a low 64% and I’m a bit confused as to why (id love to hear feedback if any of you have clues as to why) and I’d like to improve it.

If any of you would like to review the game I will post a link and please give me feedback, any is well appreciated

2 Likes

Hi! I wouldn’t take the rating too much to heart however I have listed a few things below that I think could be improved:

• Menu UI could be improved quite a bit. Even on the main menu first looks is important and stuff like inconsistent spacing on the “Play” button between the top and bottom borders is important.
    Stuff like icons as well are improperly displayed either too stretched or too squashed
    or too squashed
    I think it’d be important to have another look at all the UI in the game to ensure standard spacing in all elements.
  • Build quality varies a lot throughout the park there are some areas that look alright but then (for example) you come across areas such as the mineshaft shop that don’t seem properly fleshed out enough.

I’d recommend making sure that the builds all through the park are up to the standard you want them to be - something thats especially important if you want to be creating a large park.

• Lighting I think could do with some work with (for example) the main hub being too overly bright in my opinion. If you are going to go the effort to place lamps around and have spotlights on rooftops allow them to properly shine!! This will help create a better atmosphere around your park instead of just everything being lit up.

Thats all I had time for but I think with the comparisons your park has to Universal people are going to be comparing your game and the Universal remake on Roblox in terms of gameplay and quality and therefore you should keep that in mind when going forward or aim for a seperate unique style/layout.

Good luck though seems like an interesting game sorry if it is a bit long/bit general I only had a few mins to visit the game and I feel as if those are some important things that could be fixed.

About the UI, you are right, it is completely squashed. For this, the developer must change the ScaleType to “Fit” and not “Stretch”.

I haven’t really played much, because the music caught me off guard and jump scared me and so I alt F4 :sob: Anyways,

Regarding the main menu I have few things to discuss about.

First of all, It’s very basic. There’s not a lot of information or anything visually engaging to draw the player in.

• Oversized Icons: They overpower the menu, pushing text into tight spaces and making the overall layout feel cramped.

• Text Squished: Limited space due to oversized icons forces the text to shrink on the side, but expand on the top, potentially making it difficult to read, especially on smaller screens.

• Non-Square Icons: Inconsistent shapes can create a messy and unprofessional look. Theme park menus typically aim for a clean and organized aesthetic.

• Proximity to Sides: Icons crammed close to the edges create a sense of clutter and wasted space. There should be a comfortable around them.

Here are some ways to improve the music intro and avoid startling players:

• Volume Options: Include a volume control option in the settings menu. This empowers players to adjust the music to their comfort level.

• Start Low-Energy: Begin with a calmer, more whimsical section of the theme park music. This sets a positive tone without overwhelming players.

• Precede with Ambience: Start with some ambient sounds like park chatter, laughter, or nature sounds from the park’s theme. This creates a sense of place before introducing the music.

If not, here’s an alternative main menu that utilizes a cutscene when pressing play:
Concept:

• Themed Intro Cutscene: Instead of a static image, the main menu plays a short cutscene (10-15 seconds) that showcases the excitement of the theme park. This could be a dynamic scene that changes slightly each time the game is loaded.

• Music Integration: The music for the theme park gradually fades in during the cutscene, creating a natural introduction to the soundscape.

Cutscene Options:

• Panoramic View: The camera slowly pans across a vibrant section of the park, showcasing rides, happy crowds, and iconic landmarks.

• Entrance with Flair: Start with the park entrance, then zoom in on a group of excited guests entering, with upbeat music swelling.

• Mascot Shenanigans: Feature the park’s mascot interacting with guests, creating a lighthearted and inviting atmosphere.

Benefits:

• Increased Immersion: A short cutscene draws players into the theme park experience right from the start.

• Sets the Mood: The music and visuals can establish the overall feel of the park before gameplay begins.

• Enhanced Replayability: A slightly changing cutscene adds a touch of variety to the menu.

Additional Considerations:

• Cutscene Length: Keep it short (10-15 seconds) to avoid becoming tedious.

• Skip Option: Offer the option to skip the cutscene for players who prefer a quicker menu experience.

Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely look to fix up the UI and impressions

Thanks for the feedback! I do really think the audio part is a good idea, just not sure how to go about the volume controls or the slow transitions between lands.

Regarding the cut scenes, is there a good tutorial out there you’d recommend?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

No, sadly I do not have a tutorial about cutscenes, even tho I’ll have to soon enough.