Game assets fail to load in Studio with games that have tons of assets

Summary

One of my games has a lot of assets linked to it (200+ badges, 30+ gamepasses, 50+ packages) and whenever I try to open up place(s) of the game in Roblox Studio it often spams errors in Output and the asset manager/game explorer fails to load many of the game’s assets.

Common Errors

There are also problems with the Game Explorer being unable to load until reloaded. Though, this may sometimes fail if there are enough assets in the game.

As you can see here, even reloading doesn’t always fix all of them:

Extra Information:

This happens in any game with tons of game assets in Studio. Below is the one that I’m having issues with:

https://www.roblox.com/games/380305410/SOON-INFINITY-RPG

This has happened for as long as I remember it, at least the last 6 months.

This issue does happen whether you have the old Game Explorer or the new Asset Manager, Asset Manager just doesn’t bug as much but the errors are still clearly shown in the Output.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open a game in Roblox Studio which has tons of assets, usually packages and badges.
  2. Many errors will likely appear in Output and your Game Explorer will be having loading problems. If this doesn’t happen, you may notice it happening almost 100% of the time when loading multiple of your places in the game at once.
  3. You will also notice that reloading doesn’t always solve this problem because it’s still loading tons of assets in a short time.

Log Files

If you’d additionally want log files from me for when this happens please DM me so I can send them to you, I’m not sure if I should be posting them in a public forum.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I have an update for you. I was told this may have been fixed. When you get a chance can you try to reproduce the issue and then message me? I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I haven’t had this issue occur in quite some time, so I’ll mark this topic as solved, and will edit if it occurs again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.