Game being exploited heavily, not sure how to resolve

It, it can crash anyone And everyone in the server

Only on their side… not for other players.

1 Like

It cant unless you have a remote event or a backdoor.

Yes this is true and correct (30charactwr)

This sounds like a exploit with simulation radius, I dont know if it’s patchable through lua as it’s more of a roblox issue

Does prison life have remote events by any chance then? That is where I experienced the hacker lagging

You can crash people by exploiting roblox bugs, servers were crashed a few months ago because a player spawned an empty player locally.

I don’t know if it does. Ask the owner.

An exploit will, and always will be a local script. If they spammed a bunch of Instance.new’s in the script, they are only lagging themselves. Other players with just not notice anything and have a great time lag free, while the exploiter is barely getting 1 frame per second.

Exactly, that’s what happens to my server

They can spawn many empty characters. I swear I am truth because I experienced it

Its very hard to patch as scripts cant execute fast enough to detect the change, but if theres no autoexecuter you can detect when a “player1” is added in players and kick the localplayer if it’s added.

I don’t know if this will help but maybe look into basepart:SetNetworkOwner()

How do you do this if the player is empty. You can’t kick something with no humanoid?

I just saw how synapse users can shutdown or bulk servers with using data

edit: it was patched

When a new player object is added, i was able to detect it as it was named “player” or “player1” since its a fake player object

Keep in mind it doesn’t completely stop the shutdown of the server, but it stops people with autoexec and discourages it

What if it’s told to be called something else than named player

You could probably also check for an empty userid, as the fake player doesnt correspond to anything

Yes that would probably work. Can’t you also kick people more than 3 join with in a very short period of time ex. 1.5 seconds

That would cause an inconvenience when shifts happen because usually a lot of people join at the same time for them.