Game being extremely laggy when playtesting

You could add the code into the workspace or ServerScriptService.
I recommend that you name it something too so it doesn’t look off.

The names of the scripts will appear in the output.

2 Likes

Lemme try it out, ima see if it worked

1 Like

It only decreased like half a gigabyte, from 1.8gb to 1.3gb…

When I tried fixing the performance issues

1 Like

Do you have the game published?

1 Like

Hello! If you used free models, then search in the explorer for the following names:

Virus, infection, vaccine, 4DBeing, lord, … , Guest talking script, Spreading.

Sometimes, when you have viruses, every single instance of your explorer may have malicious scripts in it.

If you don’t have any of these scripts in your game, make sure everything is anchored, and it’s highly recommended to check for scripts in free models, read them and try to identify the malicious scripts.

As I know, welds can be laggy. So you can try deleting this as well but it’s optional.

5 Likes

Yes, but it is in private, and not in public

1 Like

Just a question, how many scripts are there?

1 Like

Im still checking on it, it could be less, it could be more, its unconfirmed

1 Like

Well the fact you don’t know that is quite alarming, it could mean anything.

CTRL+SHIFT+F, you could try looking for Clone().

1 Like

@ViroTGP_YT can you please just show us your Memory Usage breakdown like I asked earlier? Stop listening to these people who jump to conclusions about it being viruses or other nonsense without seeing Memory Usage.

Check your game in-game (not in Studio test), and take screen shots of your Memory Usage, specifically the Place Memory section.

Don’t listen to anyone else until you’ve done this step, since any suggestions are literally shots in the dark until this info is provided.

4 Likes

maybe other app’s issue, do you both feel the lag?

1 Like

I can’t screen capture for some reason, but lemme tell you, it was before, at 1.8GB

1 Like

Use the Snipping tool (also called Snip & Sketch). If you have a windows computer, you absolutely have it.

1. Is that 1.8 gb for a test in-game or in Studio? The difference is important. Studio testing numbers are way higher than in-game (likely because it’s still running the Studio session and the game?) and not useful to indicate performance issues. 1.8 gb Memory Usage in Studio is common and nothing to worry about, but 1.8 gb Memory Usage in-game is a huge problem. For reference, many (most?) platforms start crashing at half that number.
  2. The reason we need a picture is because 1.8 gb Memory Usage tells us there is a performance problem, but not what’s causing it. We require all this information in order to actually tell you where to get started:

Provide more info (and also provide screen shots of the game itself?) and we can help you much more accurately. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are there any meshes? How many meshes and how many triangles are in those meshes? (games start to lag around 100k tris in my experience, around 50k for lower-end devices)

1 Like

Well do these steps in order:

1. Check your game for viruses with GameGuard
  2. If you have lots of unions separate some of them then group them instead.
  3. Lower you graphics on the device your using to see if it still lags(most mobile users don’t use full graphics)
  4. Check place memory to see what uses up the most memory in your game
1 Like

I guess, I should start off completely from scratch, and then I’ll see whether if there’s any issues regarding performance.

I will let you know if I do still, thanks for the great help buddy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t say you had to start again! In fact I said the opposite in my first post:

Just show us the performance stats so we can tell you where to get started, or else you also might make the same mistakes the next time! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ggblocks20 your fourth step should actually be the first step. Always troubleshoot Place Memory first. You’re shooting in the dark otherwise.

4 Likes

How many unions do you have in your game?

2 Likes

Sometimes Plugins cause viruses like getfenv()

2 Likes

I know this is late but I found a solution on my own game. All you need to do is check your scripts for While Loops i had 3 scripts using these and when i changed it to only go when it detected a change it fixed it for me give it a try!