Game Blacklisted From Search

My new game appears to be blacklisted from search, on all platforms. When searching a metonym of the title or even the title in full, it appears nowhere on the search results. This drastically effects the Xbox traffic, potential traffic from YouTubers, and general exposure. People are even using this as a tool to phish unknowing players into buying a pseudo game advertised as ours since it comes up near the top of the search results.

Appreciate if this could be solved quickly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m guessing your blacklisted from the search because probably of spam and people using your assets such as your game icon and thumbnail.

Try changing the name of the game from “Build & Survive!” to “Build and Survive!” The search algorithm is really trashy and probably doesn’t work with the & symbol.

Edit:
Actually, if you search “Build and Survive” your game will show up on the results. Perhaps the search algorithm is really the problem.

Edit:
After further observation, the title “Build & Survive” is seen as “Build Survive” in the backend, and this is why the search algorithm cannot return your game as a result simply because the character & is not supported. (You can see this in the website address of your game)

Disclaimer: I’m not a web developer, this is all theoretical :grimacing:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.