Game breaking problem | Error while processing packet: bad_weak_ptr

I consistently get this error while testing a game, but I have no idea why. I don’t think I’ve touched something. One day the player count started decreasing, so I decided to test the game to see why and now I constantly get this error. Maybe I discovered this late and it have always been there, I don’t know.

I censored the values because I don’t know what they are, just to be sure.

Error while processing packet: bad_weak_ptr (packet id: ---, packet length: ---, progress: ----, schema: -------------------)  -  Studio
  ----------  Disconnect from -----|----

What is that? I don’t think that it’s is a script

That’s the output I get. I posted in scripting support because it may be related to something I scripted, I have no access to bugs report sections anyway.

Try to disable all your scripts and try again

That’s a C++ error coming from the engine. It’s worth creating a bug report for this so Roblox can look into it.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t create a bug report, nor I was able to isolate the cause or replicate the issue.

I’m having this issue as well, it really hinders my ability to test my game. Sometimes it just goes away for like an hour but I’ve been having this issue extremely consistently, and always after the same unavoidable action in my game. Hope this gets fixed soon.

When I tested the remotefunction, a quick call would cause this error, and the entire game in studio would crash

You’re right, this is a problem on our end. Someone made a bug report for this yesterday and we are looking into it. In the meantime, if you can consistently reproduce the issue, please send your Studio logs to the bug-files group, along with what you’re doing when this problem occurs.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.