Game-Bug Bot - Verified Discord Bot

Game-Bug Bot

A simple bot that allows users to report bugs and rule-breakers.
The bot is easy to set up and very easy to use.

About Game-Bug Bot

Game-Bug Bot is a simple bot that allows users to create suggestions, report bugs, and report rule-breakers. Setting up the bot is as easy as typing out 1-2 command(s). The bot has a few moderation commands that will help you keep your server peaceful. There are also some informative commands to give you information about something or someone.

Important Links

:link: Invite Game-Bug Bot | [click here]
:link: Bot Documentation | [click here]
:link: List of Commands | [click here]

Tutorials

Please watch these videos one-by-one for a better understanding as to how you should set up the bot’s reporting, and moderation commands, and how you can create reports

Normal/Moderation Setup

Click here if the video doesn’t work.

Reporting a User

Reporting a Bug

Creating a Suggestion

Approving/Denying a Report or Suggestion

Commands

Important Commands

Command Description Usage Aliases
setup Creates 3 channels and a category for reports and suggestions ;setup
setup mod Creates a channel and a category for punishment logs ;setup-mod ;setupmod
help Sends a help message in the author's DMs ;help

Informative Commands

info Sends a user report with the specified information ;info @user ;userinfo, ;user-info, ;whois, ;i
server info Displays information about the server the command is used in ;serverinfo ;server-info
role info Displays information about the role specified ;roleinfo @role ;role-info
ping Displays the author's ms ping ;ping
badges Shows information about discord badges ;badges

Report/Suggestion Commands

reportuser Sends a user report with the specified information ;reportuser ;ureport, ;report-user, ;user-report, ;userreport
reportbug Sends a bug report with the specified information ;reportbug type of bug | description | device information | proof ;breport, ;report-bug, ;bug-report, ;bugreport
suggest Sends a suggestion with the specified information ;suggest type of suggestion | short description | long description
priority Changes the report's priority ;priority messageID none/low/medium/high/critical
approve Marks the report/suggestion as approved with the specified reason ;approve messageID (reason)
deny Marks the report/suggestion as denied with the specific reason ;deny messageID (reason)
consider Marks the suggestion as considered with the specified reason ;consider messageID (reason)
implement Marks the report/suggestion as implemented with the specified reason ;implement messageID (reason)
revoke Revokes any actions done on the report/suggestion ;revoke messageID
suggesthelp Creates a help message for the ;suggest command ;suggestionhelp ;shelp
userreporthelp Creates a help message for the ;reportuser command ;userreporthelp ;urhelp
bugreporthelp Creates a help message for the ;reportbug command ;bugreporthelp ;brhelp

Moderation Commands

ban Bans the user ;ban @user (reason)
unban Unbans the user ;unban @user (reason)
kick Kicks the user ;kick @user (reason) ;remove
warn Warns the user ;warn @user (reason)
clear Bulk deletes the specified amount of messages ;clear ;clr, ;clean, ;purge
slowmode Changes the slowmode in the channel the command is used in ;slowmode s/m/h ;sm
pin Pins a message ;pin
pin Unpins a message ;unpin

Other Commands

avatar Displays the author's profile picture ;avatar @user ;av
commands Shows the amount of commands and sends a link to this page ;commands ;cmds, ;cmd
developer Shows who developed the bot ;developer ;developers, ;dev, ;devs, ;creator, ;creators
embed Creates a custom embed with a title and a description ;embed description or ;embed title | description
feedback Sends the author a DM with a feedback form ;feedback
guilds Shows how many guilds the bot is in ;guilds ;servers
hug "hugs" the member specified ;hug @user
id Sends a help article explaining how to get IDs ;id
members Adds up the amount of members in every guild the bot is in ;members
invite Sends a link to invite the bot to a server ;invite ;inv
resources Sends the author a DM containing useful resources for recording/screenshoting proof ;resources
support Sends an invite to the bot's support server ;support
version Displays the lastest update information ;version
vote Vote for Game-Bug Bot on top.gg! ;vote
owoify Makes text cute ;owoify (text) ;owo, ;owoifier
jumbo Enlarges custom emojis ;jumbo (emoji) ;large, ;enlarge, ;big
31 Likes

What advantage(s) does this offer to a Discord support bot, that uses a ticket system?

2 Likes

The bot also includes other commands which you wouldn’t really find in a support bot that uses a ticket system, I am also planning to keep updating the bot and adding more features, for example, I am currently planning to add ‘can reproduce’ and ‘cannot reproduce’ commands to bug-reports to let users see if they can reproduce the bug and then make a note of it on the embed.

And another feature that I am planning to add to the bot is more helpful resources to let users download some of the most useful softwares and use the most useful websites when it comes to things like recording, screenshotting, editing, and etc.

3 Likes

This is awesome! Very glad you’ve open sourced it :slight_smile:

I have my own bot that does something similar - called Ladybug :beetle:

It was a bit of a bodge but it works really well for the entire life cycle of both Bug Reports and Feature Requests for my games. Here’s the flow.

1. User initiates the command in the correct channel (either ?report or ?request)
  2. User is prompted to fill in a report according to our format (via Commando.js)
Photo of that

1. Report goes to a triage channel to be considered, and if it’s accepted, it’s either:
    • Moved to accepted reports / features (and the triage dev gets the option to re-triage it at a higher or lower priority if they don’t agree with initial assessment)
    • (if it’s a feature) goes to a public vote
    • Declined, with the user being told common reasons for declines
Photos of that

1. It’s then assignable to an individual in the queue. They can un-assign it from themselves, delete it or mark it as done. If it’s done, it’s moved to publish queue.
Photos of that

1. Finally, once these updates are released, the developer runs ?publish command, and all finished features & bugs are released in a nice format
Photo of that

I’m very proud of it :slight_smile: and I’m glad that Ladybug is no longer alone in the world. There are a few things that I’ve learnt over the last year of supporting it though:

• It has a complete lack of birds-eye view - there is no way to sort bugs by priority, see who’s assigned to what, or get an overview of current reports. It’s constrained by the platform it uses (greatest strength is its greatest curse!) - I’ve considered making a 1<->1 binding to something like GitHub Issues or GitKraken Glo (or other kanban board style app) that would make it cooler

• Focused too much on reporter interaction, not usability for devs - the reporter gets instant updates every time something happens to their report. This was great for community engagement, but this focus drew us away from it being useful for bug fixing. It’s easy to assign yourself to something and forget about it, then for the reporting user to ask you for an update - whoops!

Hope this is helpful - I would release the source code but I’m currently working on a lot of code upgrades to the bot first! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is really nice. I’ve been trying to learn more about discord.js and discord commando library. Thanks a bunch for open sourcing this! Very helpful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fixed the invite link (just found out the bot was private)

2 Likes

Is the source available? I’ve looked at your repo, and I see only 2 files, none of which seem to pertain to the actual bot.

2 Likes

The bot isn’t open-sourced, I’ll be adding some open-sourced commands from time-to-time, however, the actual bot won’t be open-sourced.

2 Likes

Any reason for this? Seems like a really basic bot, people could learn from it.

I’m also very experienced with discord.js, and the number one mistake people make is not adding client.on("error", console.error), which means if the bot runs into an error (very common), your program will instantly crash.

3 Likes

A few people that have seen my code would agree that the layout and the placement of the code isn’t too good, I don’t really want people to learn from that mess

2 Likes

Just curious, but what will you use to host this bot? Will it be self-hosted on a personal server of yours?

2 Likes

love it great job!!! amazing bot

2 Likes

I’m planning to host it on my raspberry pi or cubes.host.

3 Likes

I think a Raspberry Pi is fine if your are hosting only a few server that are actively using your bot, but I’d highly recommend investing in hosting services, such as the one you mentioned as your bot gains popularity. This is because these services are flexible, and allow you to change plans whenever you need to, with only a few clicks.

3 Likes

I recommend this for any game that’s currently in Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta, etc so that they could always keep up to date with their game and what’s there to fix. Great work AmusingDev!

1 Like

2 Likes