GAME CHECKPOINTS V1 | FREE Game Checkpoint System

Hello everyone,

I made this model a long time ago for a previous game but I’ve decided to make it opensource for everyone to use. The checkpoint system allows players to spawn at different spawn locations without using teams or actual roblox spawnpoints.

How it works:

• When a player joins, an IntValue is assigned to them. The IntValue defines which checkpoint they spawn at. 0 is equal to nothing meaning they will spawn at an actual roblox checkpoint not the custom system.

• When the player touches an invisible wall (or visible, doesn’t really matter) their assigned value is updated to the number of that checkpoint. For example, say this is checkpoint 1 so their IntValue is updated from 0 to 1.

• On death, the game checks what the players IntValue is equal to and teleports them to the specific checkpoint that has the same IntValue as the player. If the players value is equal to 1 and the checkpoints value is equal to 1 the player will be sent to checkpoint 1 on death.

If you would like some more info or would like to republish this go ahead. All I ask for is some credit for the original model. I know this system isn’t exactly “state of the art” but if people like this I might go make a V2.

How To Use It:

• Read README script. It explains a lot.

Links
Model: Game checkpoints (no team) - Roblox

Notes:

• Feel free to contact me if you need help setting it up or find a bug. My contact information can be found in the scripts or you can contact me through the dev forum.
13 Likes

1 Like

Sorry about that! I’ve fixed it.

do you need the tags?

1 Like

Yeah the tags help the model get found by other players.

1 Like

tags are funny and epic but i think roblox doesn’t agree so i usually make the tags sneaky by not saying they are tags

1 Like

Really good system, would like to see the system saving the last check point for when a player rejoins.

Julian

1 Like

no way, there’s no data saving? why is this published as a resource then?

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that. This was only version 1. I was just interested in seeing what people thought about it and if it was worth my time making a better, more improved version. I’ll be sure to release V2 soon with datastores included. The code is pretty basic so if you wanted to add a datastore yourself, go ahead.

@CanterCrow

1 Like

Version 2 is currently being worked on and is set to release sometime in November!

3 Likes

I really like how the trigger for checkpoint is seperated from the checkpoint itself! Totally gonna use it some day
It would be even better if you’re able to use DataStore to save the checkpoint tho :eyes:

1 Like